Lock-down Corner:nik Needham!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lock-down Corner:nik Needham!!!!

Didn't realize there was such a controversy about his 40 time.

Regardless of where he timed, he seems like an off-man, zone corner who looks best when he's squatting on routes, working with a large cushion, or playing man-under. Miami figures to run the most man-oriented defense in the league, or close enough to it, and I would have to question the fit. Then again he could train in the slot and maybe that's what they envision.

Ok so if he is a tad slow, and not ideal for man coverage, but is a willing tackler, then could he be a Safety for us?

I don’t see lack of speed here but I do see balls that shouldn’t be thrown because of his coverage. Either shouldn’t be thrown or thrown late

Come to camp and compete

Last edited:

Regardless of where he timed, he seems like an off-man, zone corner who looks best when he's squatting on routes, working with a large cushion, or playing man-under. Miami figures to run the most man-oriented defense in the league, or close enough to it, and I would have to question the fit. Then again he could train in the slot and maybe that's what they envision.

There is no controversy that site posted numbers that did not exist for the most part. On a windy day, he ran a 4.3 wind-aided and about a 4.7 against the wind and I mean a strong damn wind. His speed is not an actual issue, to me, his biggest issue is working on his tackling angles finding the ball.

Ok so if he is a tad slow, and not ideal for man coverage, but is a willing tackler, then could he be a Safety for us?

he has the same speed basically as bobby McCain. personally, i do not think he can be a good safety and making the roster will be tough for any undrafted free agent.
Needham is not slow just bad info from a lazy website

he has the same speed basically as bobby McCain. personally, i do not think he can be a good safety and making the roster will be tough for any undrafted free agent.
Needham is not slow just bad info from a lazy website

Appreciate your unique insight.

Certainly doesn't seem you have any reservations about giving the kid
a chance to compete in TC. For an UDFA -- of course there are no
guarantees. But as you stated -- I didn't see evidence of the kid
being "slow" on the film. In fact I thought his ability to close
was notable. Should be fun for you to see the results!

Last edited:
Appreciate your unique insight.

Certainly doesn't seem you have any reservations about giving the kid
as chance to compete in TC. For an UDFA -- of course there are no
guarantees. But as you stated -- I didn't see evidence of the kid
being "slow" on the film. In fact I thought his ability to close
was notable. Should be fun for you to see the results!

I wish we had taken the FB from utep as a free agent the guy we took, way too often struggled in pass pro to me.

I wish we had taken the FB from utep as a free agent the guy we took, way too often struggled in pass pro to me.

Really? I didn't see that -- but I don't remember seeing Cox

in pass pro at all in the "highlights."

So who picked up the UTEP FB?

Note: But I'm sure Congemi was + on Cox as a QB protector...

Really? I didn't see that -- but I don't remember seeing Cox

in pass pro at all in the "highlights."

So who picked up the UTEP FB?
Seattle. He had an injury plagued season overall a better blocker and receiver than Cox just a little smaller.But most people had Dimel rated higher and he is definitely more versatile.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-26-at-1.38.37-PM-1530034746-640x453.png

A huh-huh, huh-huh..train in the slot

Seattle. He had an injury plagued season overall a better blocker and receiver than Cox just a little smaller.But most people had Dimel rated higher and he is definitely more versatile.

Rumor has it we really liked Cox's versatility. I'll go watch me some Dimel...

So what you think (overall) about the $hit that has went down in Dolphinland?

You + or - in gen?

Only found Kansas State stuff...

Looks more like a "traditional FB" to me.

Definitely a power lead horse + blocker!

My quick take -- not as fluid/quick/nimble as Cox

who's notably better as a receiver...

BUT! Based on a very small sample size.

For me -- I'm pretty positive on Cox.

Hope the best for Winston Dimel.

We'll see how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom