Locked on Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locked on Dolphins

There are some popular posters here that he apparently had problems with and called them out on the show. WTH was that all about?
Someone PM me with the details..

:munch:

why PM them?

I'd rather listen to Travis' enthusiasm with a touch of homerism than listen to the Dolphins Talk one with the dude who just sounds like a miserable guy. For the last year and a half, Locked on Dolphins found it's way to my 1st podcast of the morning.

I got in trouble the last time I talked about this guy, so I'll be careful with my words. I'm not a fan however good luck to him in whatever he decides to do next but I'll not be following him. Personally I found the podcasts just full of lot a regurgitation (whether that be stats or others opinions), self promotion and commercials, lacking in real enlightening or thought provoking content, that I get from other pods. I can see why others would disagree so each to their own.

What I do credit him with is being able to put out daily fins content, no one else has managed to do that, I would imagine the Locked on network will replace him, Kyle Crabbs, who already works on the draft dudes pod (which is excellent) for Locke would be a fantastic replacement, but since he already has his own semi regular pod "Fin it to win it" which is also excellent but way too infrequent, and has a day job at the draft network, he probably doesn't have time.

Hope someone picks up the baton though, like I said, I'm not a fan but there will be a hole in the podcast area that hopefully get's filled.

Last edited:
The Sonos beam guy used to drive me nuts lol. I was an on and off listener but was a fan. I’m an in season guy though I don’t do many pods in the offseason. Just feel there’s hardly ever anything new to report.

All of these guys need to stay more level IMO. I’ve seen the Dolphins go from a potential playoff team to the worst team in the league on a weekly basis and I’m not talking about 2019. I watched Ryan Tannehill go from our QB is back to our QB sucks over the course of a season as well and I’m not just talking “Locked on”. These guys need more conviction and admission of when wrong. Instead I feel like they just change the opinion based on new information as I’ve heard it put.

My personal hope is he takes over the dolphins website, podcast, writer..analyst, some scouting..
I hope not. The Dolphins site is fluff to sell tickets and hope. Everything you read on there is going to paint a favorable outcome. He should do something where he's able to stay objective.

I like Travis. I greatly appreciate his enthusiasm and glass half full outlook on everything. I call a spade a spade though. Scouting isn't his expertise. For that, I'm tuning into 3YPC every time.

I got in trouble the last time I talked about this guy, so I'll be careful with my words. I'm not a fan however good luck to him in whatever he decides to do next but I'll not be following him. Personally I found the podcasts just full of lot a regurgitation (whether that be stats or others opinions), self promotion and commercials, lacking in real enlightening or thought provoking content, that I get from other pods. I can see why others would disagree so each to their own.

What I do credit him with is being able to put out daily fins content, no one else has managed to do that, I would imagine the Locked on network will replace him, Kyle Crabbs, who already works on the draft dudes pod (which is excellent) for Locke would be a fantastic replacement, but since he already has his own semi regular pod "Fin it to win it" which is also excellent but way too infrequent, and has a day job at the draft network, he probably doesn't have time.

Hope someone picks up the baton though, like I said, I'm not a fan but there will be a hole in the podcast area that hopefully get's filled.

Why did you get in trouble?

I hope not. The Dolphins site is fluff to sell tickets and hope. Everything you read on there is going to paint a favorable outcome. He should do something where he's able to stay objective.
Tannehill-Jesus-400x240.jpg

I share those sentiments, I felt that the pressure to put out a daily podcast meant there was a lot of filler.

Still the dude has a fervent fan base and seems like a nice guy so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom