Locked On... Rds. 2-7 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locked On... Rds. 2-7

I don’t want to really listen to the whole podcast so guess I don’t really understand it, is that a mock draft?

Why does it say rounds 2-7, are they suggesting those are our picks after a trade down?

Yes mock draft... Pick 1 was yesterday and we traded back and acquired 2 picks in the third

Picks 2-7 were today

While it addresses a lot of needs, I think drafting any safety, rb, or wr on this team would be a mistake.

We do not have holes at those positions and need more oline, dline, and line backers...

Skill positions can be addressed with undrafted free agents
Why would it be a mistake?? ..best player available we’re not going to fill every hole this year because you want to to with every draft pick.

Why would it be a mistake?? ..best player available we’re not going to fill every hole this year because you want to to with every draft pick.

Because we are the deepest at WR and would not improve the team in any way. Picking a WR would be an error and a wasted pick for this rebuild.

We dont have a QB to throw him the ball adequately, and even if you conider Fitz adequate enough, we dont have an oline that will allow Fitz to get the WR the ball, and we dont have a defensive line to prevent other teams from eating up the clock with methodical drives through the ground like they have the last few years.

That is why. WR, Safety, or RB anywhere near the first few rounds would be bad picks for us this draft.

What if BPA was RB in round 1 to 5... Are we going to draft 5 running backs? No. So dont make the mistake of valuing positions the same everywhere else either.

We have focused the last few years on RB, WR, and safety. Which have been our strongest units the last few years but that created a weak team.

Now we need to focus on Oline, Dline, Linebackers, and QB

Last edited:
Reactions: BSQ
You went from drafting a WR RB S would be a mistake to anywhere near the first 3 picks and I some what agree. But if a guy like Taylor Rapp is still on the board at pick 48 that would be a no brainer pick for me. reshad Jones won’t be here next year maybe not even this year and TJ offers nothing. Unless say a guy like Chris Lindstrom is till there. RB and wide receivers can be found in the latter rounds every year. You can’t just say we don’t need to draft a wide out RB or S you never know if a great player will drop to you at any position.

I like the oline picks but it seems like the Dolphins wouldn't be taking advantage of what this draft has to offer by only walking away with 2 meh DL prospects. Ignoring pass rush in this draft with the fins need would almost qualify as neglect.

I like the oline picks but it seems like the Dolphins wouldn't be taking advantage of what this draft has to offer by only walking away with 2 meh DL prospects. Ignoring pass rush in this draft with the fins need would almost qualify as neglect.
Interesting I agree with you. Wiith our Casper the ghosts currently manning the DE positions I expect 2 taken with our first 3 picks. The oline takes time to build though and getting a couple of those dudes in rounds 2 thru 5 will make alot of sense.

It's too tough to predict not knowing what prospect that the team is high on drops to us. It's true that OL and DL are thin but if Haskins is there at #13 how do you not snag him?

It's too tough to predict not knowing what prospect that the team is high on drops to us. It's true that OL and DL are thin but if Haskins is there at #13 how do you not snag him?
True kind of like Tunsil dropping to us we had to jump on that and go to rounds 2 thru 4 to chase needs. Still if Haskins drops IMO that becomes our trade bait to trade down for more picks. Why, because this current team would be a disaster for a rookie QB. Plus though I hate to say this our brain trust is all in on drafting a QB next year and will need this year to stabilize the lines.

Back
Top Bottom