Locker Room Post Indy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room Post Indy

They do not. And I can’t imagine those guys sitting on the bench and not paying attention to every single play regardless of the score or time. Reid is such an exception and not to ding him but the thing that keeps holding him back is defense in KC. They just aren’t that good on that side of the ball. Can you imagine Shula taking his eyes off of so much as a meaningless PAT? Or BB? Gase LOL.
Not quite true I believe. He had good defenses in Philly but his relaxed, players coach ways have always been the one hurdle to them winning it all. The defense has just satreted to be the weak point these past two years. Too much faith in mahomes to bail them out

Correct me if I am wrong but BB, Carrol, Tomlin, Harbaugh don't carry sheets on game day.
While I agree with you, BB (defense), Carroll (defense), Tomlin (defense), Harbaugh (special teams/defense) aren't Offensive Geniuses like Adam Gase.

The Genius needs to be creating and scripting his playcalling magic in game!

While I agree with you, BB (defense), Carroll (defense), Tomlin (defense), Harbaugh (special teams/defense) aren't Offensive Geniuses like Adam Gase.

The Genius needs to be creating and scripting his playcalling magic in game!

Oh I agree, I mean how else would he come up with such tremendous plays as a bubble screen 3 yards behind the line or 3rd and 8 draw plays down 6 points with 4 minutes to go without totally ignoring half the game.

Shula never had anything on his hands when he coached. It was all in his head. Gase still sees himself as an OC instead of as a HC. That is why he's failing. He thinks his offense is the only thing that matters.
Remember when he said that calling plays is “the most fun part of my job”. He’ll never relinquish those duties no matter how poor he’s doing .

Oh I agree, I mean how else would he come up with such tremendous plays as a bubble screen 3 yards behind the line or 3rd and 8 draw plays down 6 points with 4 minutes to go without totally ignoring half the game.
I saw one called in the game this week and started to chuckle a bit as it got cut down for 2 yards.

Not quite true I believe. He had good defenses in Philly but his relaxed, players coach ways have always been the one hurdle to them winning it all. The defense has just satreted to be the weak point these past two years. Too much faith in mahomes to bail them out
I don’t recall the Philly teams too well - relying on your young, super star QB to bail you out sounds familiar doesn’t it?

I don’t recall the Philly teams too well - relying on your young, super star QB to bail you out sounds familiar doesn’t it?
They were pretty well balanced, for the most part.

McNab had issues winning the "big game".

The last couple seasons, they tried to buy their way over the top with free agents, like cancer man, T. Owens.

It completely destroyed the team chemistry.

The deciplined that Shual preached and practiced is being duplicated by Flos. Its been preached alot over the years but never duplicated. That's why the saying worked where Shula could beat you with his players or your players inferring inferior talent can beat undiciplined superior talent.

They were pretty well balanced, for the most part.

McNab had issues winning the "big game".

The last couple seasons, they tried to buy their way over the top with free agents, like cancer man, T. Owens.

It completely destroyed the team chemistry.
Oh that’s right. I had all but forgotten about him. What a distraction he was everywhere he went.

Oh that’s right. I had all but forgotten about him. What a distraction he was everywhere he went.
The only place he didn't destroy was Dallas, and that's only because they had enough other strong personalities, that he was just another loon in the asylum.

I love that there is no victory Monday. Everyone on here is pissing and moaning about draft position and what are we going to do if we don’t get this guy or that guy while the coach is trying to figure out how to eliminate mistakes and get better each week. It’s been a scary ride but I now have some hope for the further of my beloved fins and it doesn’t reside with any current college QBs.

2 wins is all it takes to feel good about a coaching staff that still has so much to prove.

When the team starts losing again, maybe the fan base will come back down to Earth.

Of coarse they have a lot to prove and more more losses are certain to come, but why can’t you just enjoy the two wins. Take a minute suppress your whiney ass tendency, acknowledge you don’t know how this ride will turn out and appreciate the progress the team has made from the start of the season. And give Brian a little credit.

Back
Top Bottom