Locker Room: Season Finale | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room: Season Finale

Part of establishing a positive culture is having the right mix of veterans in the locker room. Fitzpatrick has his faults and limitations as a player but there was not a more important player for our future this year than Ryan Fitzpatrick was. A lot of us laughed at the signing but he should get a lot of credit this off-season for the positive, hard working environment he helped instill.

This season has been a roller coaster, but was one of the more enjoyable teams to watch in a long time.

On a side note, finishing bottom 5 in the league in penalties while setting an NFL record for most players playing in a game in a single season is so so impressive.

It wasn’t relevant today, but Flores will have teams that can travel and win in weather PLUS take advantage of our home field via conditioning,

We haven’t played a style of football conducive to winning in weather in probably 35 years. That 2016 playoff game at Pittsburgh being a good example of us pussying out. That’s over with our new coach.

Again..... I’m eating crow on Flores. I gotta admit..... He coached his ass off. I’m VERY excited about the future in Miami. My only worry is Grier. If he can prove me wrong this offseason..... It’s gonna be a good year in 2020

It's called being a leader, and commanding tge respcect of grown men.

I get that it's hard to recognize, because we haven't had it in the Dolphin locker room for so long.
We only saw it in Dan Campbell - it was brief but if one was paying attention - it was there. Oklahoma drills were laughed at and ridiculed - like the TNT wall. Then the team came out after a listless 1-3 start under principal Philbin and rolled the Titans and Texans a combined 82-38. Flores commands the respect of grown men. It’s Ross who just doesn’t get it which is why he whiffed on his HC hires - until now.

Before the bye week it was mentioned that having things like the TNT wall would get old if it didn't work. Despite people like Omar Kelly saying that the team was not improving, the improvement was evident. Now they were not wrong, getting on players for the little things will only work so long if you aren't winning or if it isn't working. You also need players to buy in. There were a few veterans who were jettisoned away for not buying in (of the players gone the one who did buy in was Tunsil)

Remember it's not all talent. Remember the hype the Cleveland Browns had with their *reads notes* rockstar front office and elite talent? 1 more win than us
You had me at “despite people like Omar Kelly...”

Back
Top Bottom