LOL @ Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

absolutely love seeing the Jets lose but I won't laugh too hard cause there is a good chance they may sweep up again this season:( hope I am wrong though

I bet any non jet fan loved the way we lost yesterday. that was a doozy.

Fitz is awful but at least our future isn't tied to him in way.

Miami's future isn't tied to Tannehill any longer than the Jets are tied to Fitz.

After next year (2017) they could cut Tannehill and walk away with only a 4.6m cap hit in 2018. So if by future you mean the rest of this season and maybe next than sure I guess technically that is "tied".

Doesn't stop Miami from drafting a QB at any time or signing a QB so loosely tied I guess.

Miami's future isn't tied to Tannehill any longer than the Jets are tied to Fitz.

After next year (2017) they could cut Tannehill and walk away with only a 4.6m cap hit in 2018. So if by future you mean the rest of this season and maybe next than sure I guess technically that is "tied".

Doesn't stop Miami from drafting a QB at any time or signing a QB so loosely tied I guess.

You've invested a first round pick in the guy though. I think that's the big difference. I actually like him but you should be getting more bang for your buck.

Nobody expects Fitz to become a great QB. We know what he is. He's a good option for a team that's trying to find a franchise QB.

That's true but you also don't have any potential replacements and will likely have to spend another high pick on a QB. we at least have a chance w/ Petty/Hackenber that one of them can play(chances are neither can but there's a chance!)

You've invested a first round pick in the guy though. I think that's the big difference. I actually like him but you should be getting more bang for your buck.

Nobody expects Fitz to become a great QB. We know what he is. He's a good option for a team that's trying to find a franchise QB.

That's true but you also don't have any potential replacements and will likely have to spend another high pick on a QB. we at least have a chance w/ Petty/Hackenber that one of them can play(chances are neither can but there's a chance!)

And their you've both said it in different ways "find a franchise QB" if it was that easy neither team would have questions right now about what they have.

Whether or not Miami has to draft a QB in round 1 again is irrelevant because in order to climb out of irrelevance you have to gamble and win. ****ing around hedging bets might work in Black Jack but it seldom works when looking for a franchise QB. If you need one you draft one and usually in round 1.

And if Hackenberg has potential than so does Doughty.

And their you've both said it in different ways "find a franchise QB" if it was that easy neither team would have questions right now about what they have.

Whether or not Miami has to draft a QB in round 1 again is irrelevant because in order to climb out of irrelevance you have to gamble and win. ****ing around hedging bets might work in Black Jack but it seldom works when looking for a franchise QB. If you need one you draft one and usually in round 1.

we won't waste 5 or more years w/ Fitz though.

we won't waste 5 or more years w/ Fitz though.

And we don't have to waste anymore years with Tannehill either if Miami chooses. If Tannehill isn't producing by seasons end the way the staff wants him too, draft a QB in whatever round you feel is correct and let them compete next year or trade him next season and in the event he doesn't keep the starting job and you can't trade him cut him flat out in 2018.

2 year plan at most.

Or it all pans out and is a moot point. Doesn't matter to me because there is an out anyway it plays out.

And we don't have to waste anymore years with Tannehill either if Miami chooses. If Tannehill isn't producing by seasons end the way the staff wants him too, draft a QB in whatever round you feel is correct and let them compete next year or trade him next season and in the event he doesn't keep the starting job and you can't trade him cut him flat out in 2018.

2 year plan at most.

Or it all pans out and is a moot point. Doesn't matter to me because there is an out anyway it plays out.

you have already wasted 4 and are on wasted year #5.

I actually like the way the Jets are going about looking for a QB so far. They aren't drafting one in the 1st round just to do it. I think Lynch would have been a "sexy" pick, but if the Jets don't believe in him then they don't take him.

Sometimes the opportunity isn't always there to get your potential franchise QB. So the Jets have taken a couple of low risk/high reward chances on two projects in Petty and Hack. One could be the answer. Like Junc said, neither probably will be but you never know. I wasn't the biggest fan of Hackenberg in round 2 but I understand why the Jets made the pick. I understand what they see in him.

[h=1]Jets will be in first place in AFC East when Tom Brady returns, and they’ll have Jimmy Garoppolo to thank[/h]
By Manish Meta

mountain-goat-2a-2108.jpg

Thanks for the containment thread. :up:

you needed OT to beat a team w/ a 3rd/4th string QB alternating w/ a WR.

Seeing as how I was at the game yes, I'm aware of the circumstances. Are you telling me the Jets are the better 1-2 team?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

You beat another awful franchise yesterday. Probably the worst.

Yeah. I know. Speaking of awful, your quarterback threw 6 INTs. That's something even the worst QB in human history, Tannehill, has never been able to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom