LOL @ Jets | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

The silver lining is that Neville Hewitt played well and I was a supporter of his while he was here. I know he's better than our starting from the CFL.

IT is a shame the GM from 3 years ago and the head coach from two years ago and the DC from 2 years ago (all fired by the way) didn't see his greatness and how much better he would be over the current LB (who wasn't in the NFL 2 years ago).

The silver lining is that Neville Hewitt played well and I was a supporter of his while he was here. I know he's better than our starting from the CFL.

How is that a silver lining? Hewitt was obviously the best of a bad bunch in our depleted linebacking corps and pretty much everyone here -- who watches football games -- said so. The guy was raw, but he had talent and a good motor and occasionally showed flashes of being able to diagnose a play and snuff it down. Instead, we kept trotting out bums like Zach Vigil and that other guy whose name I can't remember.

It's depressing.

IT is a shame the GM from 3 years ago and the head coach from two years ago and the DC from 2 years ago (all fired by the way) didn't see his greatness and how much better he would be over the current LB (who wasn't in the NFL 2 years ago).

The GM from three years ago is the same as the GM today. GM on 10/8/2016: Chris Grier. GM on 10/8/2019: Chris Grier.

I really don't know why they got him! 6 teams let him go!!!!!

I think when you look at all of the transactions made this off-season through a certain lens -- that lens which assumes that the team is not actually trying to win games -- these decisions all make perfect sense.

Didn't he get derailed by a foot or knee injury here?
Not that I recall. He may have been hurt, but not injured to the point he couldn't play.

Not that I recall. He may have been hurt, but not injured to the point he couldn't play.
I was off in the body part, but he had missed the preseason due to a shoulder injury before he was cut. I always liked him too

Jet fans are going insane right now because last week everybody knew Darnold would not play, Gase gave him all of the first team reps until Friday

Not sure what the bigger surprise is - that he hasn't dumped a couple of players to make a point to the team that they aren't good enough or that he didn't bring in Osweiler or Cutler in during their bye.

Not sure what the bigger surprise is - that he hasn't dumped a couple of players to make a point to the team that they aren't good enough or that he didn't bring in Osweiler or Cutler in during their bye.

Bahahahahaha, man I will tell you what, it would be Yuuuuuuuge if he brought Cutler in to the Jets, I would love it. :nah::nah::nah::nah::nah::nah::nah:

The Ever LOL At The Jests VIPER

Jet fans are going insane right now because last week everybody knew Darnold would not play, Gase gave him all of the first team reps until Friday
I have a cousin who is a die-hard jets fan. Not always the sensible type but we talked at a family function and he gave me some good details. (A good friends brother holds a position with the team)

He says that Gase planned on rolling Darnold out against philly and was overruled by both Joe Douglas and the medical staff. He seemed oblivious despite his media comments about the danger of the injury. He argued that he needs to "tough it out" because they have games to win.

Gase has clashed with a majority of people within the jets organization from day one. The GM new and old have issues building a team because his player needs are broad and they have issues with specific details of what he is trying to do.

Him and Gregg Williams also have had some very strange confrontations behind closed doors. Both seem to be engaging in a civil war and creating a rift in the locker room.

The best one is this one...

Jamal Adams had an issue with with Williams and his son blake. There was an issue where Blake told Adams he was "stupid" and idiots could play better defense. This resulted in the Adams twitter/Instagram fiasco. He had gotten into a shouting match with both Gregg and his son and was dismissed from practice.

Adams went to Douglas in private and voiced concerns that he didn't feel comfortable with Williams and his strategy and style. Douglas has since taken notice and told Williams to keep his son and word choice in check.

Adams was confronted by Gregg who told Jamal he needs to accept criticism and that his son will turn him into a better player by coaching him his way. Since then Adams won't speak much to either the dad or The son.

Overall it's an awkward place over there, but they do like Douglas. They say he is a much more positive figure and that he is always helping the football staff with their jobs.

As uch as I hate to give him credit...Gase had the Cowboys' defense on their heels for most of that game.

Between Dak hesitation on pass plays and Gase flat out out coaching Jason Garrett this game was over mid fourth quarter.

Dolphins Jets I'll bet the over both games.

Back
Top Bottom