Long resigning with Dolphins = Continuity & Chemistry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long resigning with Dolphins = Continuity & Chemistry

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Every year, we have a different setup/players for the O-line.. This is why this unit is not elite (even though we have the talent) because it is not stable, there is no continuity and the chemistry is not there at 100%...

What we need for a young QB is continuity on the O-line. Getting Jake Long back will be critical in several ways (blitz pickup, running game, QB confidence). Pouncey, Incognito and Long are great and have been playing together for a few years now. We need to solve the right side of the O-line by drafting a G in the 2nd round and Martin also has to get stronger.
If we get rid of Long, we are creating 2 problems (left and right side)

We are set at receiver and TE, but Tannehill needs time to throw the ball as well.. If we let Long go, I don't think Tannehill will have much time to throw to Mike Wallace and his 60 million dollar contract

Why on Earth would I want continuity of the past 5 years? And you know what else has chemistry? Meth.

I think for the QB the center of more important than the tackle
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Why on Earth would I want continuity of the past 5 years? And you know what else has chemistry? Meth.

Gonzo,

I think what the OP is saying is that the continuity of the past 5 years has been caused by the lack of continuity......

Gonzo,

I think what the OP is saying is that the continuity of the past 5 years has been caused by the lack of continuity......

There has been continuity, particularly with Long on IR.

Long, Pouncey and Cog are all we have so far. Martin has proven nothing(I am being kind to him).
The OP is right about continuity. It is very important.

Someone's been watching Breaking Bad I take it? :chuckle:

Anyway - continuity doesn't really mean much if you don't have talent, just saying.

Him coming back means that his pipe dream of getting 11 mil per year failed badly and that the Rams are not throwing money at him to go there. IMO if he is coming back then just do the damn deal and get it over with or go to the Rams.

Martin did show some improvement the last 4 games. I was one of the ones before the season saying Martin shouldn't see the field the first year, and might NEVER see the field. I think he played better than I thought he would. I think Martin will be an average LT by 2014, below average this year. But I don't see Long being any better. Long's best days are behind him and I seriously doubt he will ever see another 16 games as a starter. I love Long's leadership, but I have no confidence that he will ever be the player on the field that we are paying for. I personally don't want him back unless it is for pennies on the dollars. Six Million per year is the most I want to pay and only the first year guaranteed.

Signing Long= sub-par play for 12 games, then IR. it's time to find a cheaper and more durable replacement that fits the scheme. Sign Winston to a 2yr deal for half of Longs 10 million per year asking price, then draft an athletic Tackle this year to groom for the future.

Please remember that Long played with an injured back and tricep the season before.He was still nursing those injuries.When Long is completely healthy he is an absolute beast.UNBEATABLE.

Back
Top Bottom