Long term concerns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long term concerns

touborg

Board Linebacker
Reaction score
I really like the direction this team is heading in currently, but today I thought about 2 things that concern me a bit.

1. Saban with final say over personel.

Not a problem this year, he's comming straight out of college and he's probably the best scout this team has. But what about in 2 or 3 years, when his experience with the draftees isn't hands on anymore?

Right now, not many coaches don't have say over personel, and for good reason. It usually turns out poorly.

2. Expensive coaches, new standard or one time wonder?

Will Wayne keep this franchise at a high standard, or was this a one timer to please the fans?

he will be fine, just because he doesn't know any of the players personnally doesn't mean that he won't be a good scout. A person who is a great talent evaluator like him still watchs alot of tape on college prospects and he does have some help in Mulluer (the GM)

touborg said:
I really like the direction this team is heading in currently, but today I thought about 2 things that concern me a bit.

1. Saban with final say over personel.

Not a problem this year, he's comming straight out of college and he's probably the best scout this team has. But what about in 2 or 3 years, when his experience with the draftees isn't hands on anymore?

Right now, not many coaches don't have say over personel, and for good reason. It usually turns out poorly.

2. Expensive coaches, new standard or one time wonder?

Will Wayne keep this franchise at a high standard, or was this a one timer to please the fans?
Hopefully his contacts on the college scene will be beneficial to us, over the next couple of years

Back
Top Bottom