Long Wait Ends For Robert Nkemdiche, Cordrea Tankersley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long Wait Ends For Robert Nkemdiche, Cordrea Tankersley

Really want to see what Tankersley has, because as of right now we have to make a big investment in a boundary CB2 in the offseason; costly FA signing like Jones or Bradberry for example, or a high draft pick.

He played well and showed a lot of signs as a rook. I remember some people were higher on Tank than X at one point.

You can't count on Tank. Specifically, you can't allow him to influence what you do at the position come the FA/Draft period. This NE scheme requires lots of versatile smart guys in the secondary. So in my mind having Tank back doesn't change the approach.

Nkemdiche was my mocked pick so i have some bias, but man if this guy actuallyis committed, I want to see how we use him. Freaky athleticism for his size

What's the over/under that Tankersley will be back on IR before he even dresses for a game?

I believe we're only allow to have two guys come back and play this year after being on that IR?.....If so I'd rather see AVG play than Tank.

I believe we're only allow to have two guys come back and play this year after being on that IR?.....If so I'd rather see AVG play than Tank.

I would like to see AVG on the field as well but I would have to go with the corner. It's a huge need and maybe he gets back to form. It would sure help to see what he has under different coaches as we could use a starter at corner. His contract is up after next year. Get a look so we know whether to send him packing next year.

Freaky freaky athlete! If Flo & Co get his head on straight...
Check out like 30 sec into this video!

I've never been a fan of his, precisely because of this. He has all-world talent, with an incredible explosion coupled with real functional strength. He's literally a man among boys physically, and he's had plenty of good training … yet he still fails to produce. It's not a matter of talent, nor is it one fatal flaw. He's just plain lazy. He's never had to apply techniques, because he's sooooooooooooo much physically more dominant than everyone he plays against at every level. He believes he doesn't have to study and practice, because he's so naturally good. From the neck down, he's literally as good as you can find. But from the neck up … he's vacant and unwilling to be a worker. I was always 100% against drafting him, and saw him as an almost certain bust, which is exactly what he has been to this point.

But, if there is a time to take a chance on him, it's now, after he's been let go by his draft team, after he's failed to impress at the NFL level, and has now repeated his failure at the collegiate level. IF the switch is going to come on for the kid … this is probably the most likely time for it to happen. We spent nothing to get him, we've got nothing to lose, and we represent the realization that he has failed as a draft pick and possibly as a young NFL player. If he fails here, he'll likely kick around teams for a year or less at a time and then fade out of the league before his prime ends. We're not rock bottom for him, but this is the time young men tend to realize that they're faced with two choices, A) admit they're wrong and do what the coaches tell them they need to do to become a good player, or B) embrace inflated ego and laziness and march towards their own self destruction with false pride. Let's hope he sees these two choices and chooses option A.

I've never been a fan of his, precisely because of this. He has all-world talent, with an incredible explosion coupled with real functional strength. He's literally a man among boys physically, and he's had plenty of good training … yet he still fails to produce. It's not a matter of talent, nor is it one fatal flaw. He's just plain lazy. He's never had to apply techniques, because he's sooooooooooooo much physically more dominant than everyone he plays against at every level. He believes he doesn't have to study and practice, because he's so naturally good. From the neck down, he's literally as good as you can find. But from the neck up … he's vacant and unwilling to be a worker. I was always 100% against drafting him, and saw him as an almost certain bust, which is exactly what he has been to this point.

But, if there is a time to take a chance on him, it's now, after he's been let go by his draft team, after he's failed to impress at the NFL level, and has now repeated his failure at the collegiate level. IF the switch is going to come on for the kid … this is probably the most likely time for it to happen. We spent nothing to get him, we've got nothing to lose, and we represent the realization that he has failed as a draft pick and possibly as a young NFL player. If he fails here, he'll likely kick around teams for a year or less at a time and then fade out of the league before his prime ends. We're not rock bottom for him, but this is the time young men tend to realize that they're faced with two choices, A) admit they're wrong and do what the coaches tell them they need to do to become a good player, or B) embrace inflated ego and laziness and march towards their own self destruction with false pride. Let's hope he sees these two choices and chooses option A.

Single word:

Motivation.

For Tankersley, didn't he look good as a man cover corner and drop off when asked to play more zone, or was it the other way around?

Really want to see what Tankersley has, because as of right now we have to make a big investment in a boundary CB2 in the offseason; costly FA signing like Jones or Bradberry for example, or a high draft pick.

He played well and showed a lot of signs as a rook. I remember some people were higher on Tank than X at one point.
I don't think Tankersley would be in any long term plans here. Sure they'll have a look, but the knock I heard on him was his mind, not his athletic ability. If that's true and if we are really going to be running a defense requiring players to know different sets of responsibilities, I think Tankerlsey would have a hard time.

Well more Nkemdiche means less Charles Harris hopefully... Let Taco and Nkemdiche as the edge rushers. I have seen enough of Harris.

I would like to see AVG on the field as well but I would have to go with the corner. It's a huge need and maybe he gets back to form. It would sure help to see what he has under different coaches as we could use a starter at corner. His contract is up after next year. Get a look so we know whether to send him packing next year.

I think the Phins are going to red shirt AVG, like the Pats do with alot of their picks.

Back
Top Bottom