Longest active streak with a takeaway. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longest active streak with a takeaway.

The real question is how many wins did those takeaways contribute to.

if I had to guess it’s quite a few but it’s a stat that can’t be counted.

Yeah! I’ll take my chances with having the turn over and then contributing to a win than “it’s a stat that can’t be counted”

wth? Why do you think so many team try to win the t/o battle? because it’s a stat that doesn’t increase your chances of winning the game?

Yet! Some want to suggest like the Howard play at the end of the Patriots game was “luck!”

At some point with stats like this doesn’t it suggests there’s more than “luck” involved?
Anyone watching that play without blinders on could see it was a forced fumble.

congrats to the Phins for stopping that drive and sealing the victory.

Anyone watching that play without blinders on could see it was a forced fumble.

congrats to the Phins for stopping that drive and sealing the victory.

Stealing? They were leading and if NE scored they still have an opportunity to win the game. Seems like they put themselves in position to win the game to me.

It is a stat that can’t be counted though simply because even if the Pats would have scored there was enough time on the clock for Tua and the Phins to score as well.

If you thought I was disregarding the play to force the fumble that was not the case.

That's the Dolphins record.
Holy cow. Makes sense. 1986 is when the D turned putrid - we probably went 42 straight without a takeaway after that - 😆.

82’-‘83’ we had great D. By ‘84 we were starting to slip but getting big leads on teams and they were forced to take chances likely led to a lot of those takeaways. Same in ‘85. That’s some streak.

Back
Top Bottom