Longshot, but Interesting Trade Down Possibility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Longshot, but Interesting Trade Down Possibility

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
[mod] think draft thoughts in the draft forum :wink: [/mod]

Suppose Ricky does not get reinstated.

Then, consider that Lendale White's stock is dropping and several teams would be worried about spending their 1st round pick on him. He is, at best, going to be "reached" for at the end of round 1, and will likely fall into round 2.

I would not want to draft him at our slot - given our other needs (OL, OLB, DB, WR and backup QB). But, if we were able to trade down a couple of times - and still get a shot at him - that could be a good combo.

In this league, it is rare that you can depend on one back (consider what happened in KC with Priest Holmes and the benefit of having Larry Johnson on the bench; or what would happen to SD's offense if LaDanian went down?).

I think White could be another Jerome Bettis type back.

Don't take this as a negative against Brown - I love him and have since his Jr. year at Auburn. But, having two backs last year was a huge factor in our winning those six games in a row, imo (especially since both were out at different times in the season).

Just thinking outloud here ..

How about we trade down a few spots and take a player who wont be a flop in the NFL. This kid is a moron who thinks he's entitled to a 1st round grade and a fat signing bonus. His attitude will only get worse once he's paid. I'm betting he's out of the NFL in 3 years, and he'll only last that long based on what he did at USC.

Nick Mangold, Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter, Sinorice Moss, and probably some excellent DB's will still be available if we trade back 10 spots. I'd puke if we took White over any of them, Ricky or no Ricky.

I am happy with Sammy Morris being a rotating back ofc I don't want him to get as many carries as Ricky would but If he got like 5 to 10 well Brown gets 15 to 20 carries a game I would be happy!

White is a lazy bum that has BUST written all over him. He had no work ethic in college. In the pros he will get abused! That would be the WORST pick imaginable - no way in the world would Saban make such a bad move. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall to the 2nd rd and any team that takes him will there will still be reaching.

Da 'Fins said:
I think White could be another Jerome Bettis type back.

That's exactly why Pittsburgh might draft him at the tail end of round 1. Steelers fans up here are excited about the thought of it.

I think LenDale White will become the 2nd best running back out of the draft. I would not take him because there are more obvious holes to fill and apparently I am in the minority of people on this site and want Ronnie Brown to get the workload. Not saying this will happen but the most obvious places for White to go is Pittsburgh and Carolina, and I think he would thrive in either of those situations.

Absolutely not. If we can trade down to the bottom of the first round I'd much rather try to get Nick Mangold, Max Jean-Gilles, Carpenter, or even Sinorice Moss before going for Lendale White.

Well, this is the Precisely reason I believe that Nick and Randy want to know Ricky's status concerning his drug appeal ASAFP. Not necessarily because of White, but, to know how to attack the back up RB spot, if at all.

I'm quite comfortable with Sammy Morris as a back up running back. I suspect that if Ricky is suspeneded we will draft a runner at some point Day two of the draft...who knows with Saban though. If there is value there he'll take a guy regardless of position.

djfresh47 said:
I think LenDale White will become the 2nd best running back out of the draft. I would not take him because there are more obvious holes to fill and apparently I am in the minority of people on this site and want Ronnie Brown to get the workload. Not saying this will happen but the most obvious places for White to go is Pittsburgh and Carolina, and I think he would thrive in either of those situations.

I think White goes to Pitt or Car and fits nicely there. He was never the hardest worker, but he torn hammy news is going to offset some of the negative reports. Turn on the film, and he remains the only sure fire first round big back....he ain't gettin' out of the first. Car. might not be as interested as it seems, the Shelton kid from Louisville MAY work out for them (he was hurt last year). As for the 2nd best RB statement, I don't necessarily agree, but it is subjective and conceviably he COULD produce the best stats. I think the RB in the draft (in the long run) is Williams from Memphis...with R. Bush being #2 (Bush will undoubtably be taken #1).

However, all that said, I hope that the Fins look elsewhere.

Lendale a bust??

I swear yall watch too much tv and want to be professional scouts. Me . . I look at game footage, and Lendale was on the field as much as Reggie Bush was (who some considered the best RB prospect in ages), and performed on a equal level as Bush. Bush averaged 8.7 yards a carry, Lendale? a very impressive 6.6 yards a carry. The mighty Bush 200 carries, Lendale? 197. TDs: Bush 16/Lendale 24. those are some impressive stats for a guy who is a lazy bum. There was a reason why Bush split carries at USC, because they had a guy whose talent was undeniably too good to leave off the field, and he proved that, give the man a break.

How about we address a need? Backup RB is one but not as much as OL, DB, WR, or LB.

Back
Top Bottom