Look for Roth to play LB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look for Roth to play LB

Saban had Roth rated above all those other guys.

Once you start rating guys for need above BPA, that's how you ruin a franchise.

TRUST SABAN.

We have had a GREAT draft so far. Belee 'Dat!!!!

lb are you joking???????HE'S 278 HE WILL DE.....heck maybe even nt..

fin-atic said:
So the reason our line was the worst in the league was because we had great talent and crappy coaching???

Sorry but the line was horrendous. I don't see a proven starter there.

I still think we pick up one of these good centers in the 3rd. I think these guys 'could' be average. It was part coaching and the fact that all 5 spots on the line changed at once (never done in the NFL before) that led to the ultimate downfall. I think Houck can get them gelling and hopefully we replace the greatest downfall on that line (center) in this draft and next year get ourselves a bonefide LT.

Roth and Pollack are clones in measureables and college production, so from that standpoint, it was a GREAT value. It will be interesting to see where he plays. Frye at that point I think would have been a little of a reach.

fin-atic said:
So the reason our line was the worst in the league was because we had great talent and crappy coaching???

Sorry but the line was horrendous. I don't see a proven starter there.

We'll see what happens, I'm no expert.

They did play horrid last year but I have a hard time judging a first time playing together o-line in one year with no stability what-so-ever on the sidelines.

creep said:
Hey, he ALREADY PLAYED LB!!

So it's not a reach. He beefed up to that weight. He can slim down to play LB again.

creep said:

Are YOU joking??? There is now way he can play NT at 278.:shakeno: That is nuts. He is wayyy to light. He can possibly play linebacker with no problem. He is athletic enough, a la Levon Kirkland.

Looking at his size and speed he looks more like a DE/DT than a DE/LB. I think he is going to be asked to put on a little more weight rather than standing pat or losing some weight

There was definate reason behind this pick, not only was it BPA, but, this guy fits the Saban mold and more importantly, he's exactly what Nick is looking for putting his stamp on what he wants this defense to be able to do. This pick is Nick looking down the road a couple of years, but, don't get me wrong, Matt will be ready to step in "GAME 1" and produce and succeed..

fin-atic said:
Damn, Barnes just went.

Yeah, it was too much to ask for him to fall to 70. I love Roth but damn it's going to be tough rationalizing we passed on Khalif Barnes. He was my favorite offensive lineman in this draft. We have never had a tackle with the combo of feet and nasty attitude as Barnes. I have no idea why he slipped. They even quoted Roth as saying Barnes in the Senior Bowl practices was the best OT he faced all year.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Looking at his size and speed he looks more like a DE/DT than a DE/LB. I think he is going to be asked to put on a little more weight rather than standing pat or losing some weight

the guys runs a 4.7 at 270lbs plus he can trim down as well to about 260

he's a de/olb/ilb

do every remember when the fins select Zach

JJ was draft for speed
Saban is drafting for size and speed

It wasn't until Roth changed to DE that he became a full time starter and the disruptive force that he is known as in Iowa. He will play end, and is versatile enough to be down or up in his position. Versatility. I bet every pick will have that label attached to them (even LeFors).

Oh yeah, Jeno James is a legitimate starter. MacIntosh is Legitimate. So, you basically don't know what you are talking about, which isn't surprising, or you are bending the facts and circumstances to your negative POV. Don't bother.

mia4ever said:
the guys runs a 4.7 at 270lbs plus he can trim down as well to about 260

he's a de/olb/ilb

do every remember when the fins select Zach

JJ was draft for speed
Saban is drafting for size and speed

Guess we will see when Saban talks about him.

creep said:
3-4 Linebackers are HUGE. And 278 won't even amount to a potato chip that a real NT would eat. But of course you knew all that with your one post and created an account just to make a joke. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom