Look for Roth to play LB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look for Roth to play LB

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Roth started out at LB and then moved to DE. Look for him to either play LB, or Carter to move to tackle and JT, Roth, and Holiday to rotate DE.

I think we had more important needs. Its hard to imagine we passed on Barnes as crappy as our OLine is. :shakeno:

But I will trust in Saban.

i think barnes will fall, roth was the best value, he had to pick him, after i saw some highlights l love the pick, this guy has a motor that never stops

edit: maybe not, barnes to the jags

He's a tweener, he'll play both this year and eventually he'll be a full time LB in the 3-4. On ESPN they said he was as good as Pollack who went in the first.

Anthony3454 said:
He's a tweener, he'll play both this year and eventually he'll be a full time LB in the 3-4. On ESPN they said he was as good as Pollack who went in the first.

"Tweener" is what we need for our new Defense. Saban has a plan and I trust him.

He will play DE in the 4-3 and in the 3-4 I could see him playing LB. From the sounds of his bio this guy has a 'primal' urge to play DE and rip heads off.

Lets remember that Holiday, Carter, and Timbo are older guys. They have a very few years left.
I think guys like David Bownes become the odd man out.

Roth was a great pick AS LONG AS Saban knows in his mind that we are set at LT with either DMac or Vernon Carey. I was a bit surprised we didn't make Barnes myself.

I think Roth is a great addition. We get more depth and a tough, aggressive young stud. I expect us to address the o-line with our third round pick. Probably a center.

Man, I was blown away by our 2nd pick. It just ddint' make sense to me, but I am not the coach and I trust in Saban. I think this guy will be playing LB for us.

MadDawg020 said:
Roth was a great pick AS LONG AS Saban knows in his mind that we are set at LT with either DMac or Vernon Carey. I was a bit surprised we didn't make Barnes myself.

There are 4 tackles in next years draft that at this point are better then Alex Barron barring any future injury. I figure we will probably finish 6-10 so that would give us a shot at one of those boys. Personally I'd trade up for Ferguson next year. The BRICK.

FiN.in.RI said:
I don't see a lack of talent on our offensive line so I'm happy with the pick although Frye did intrigue me.

So the reason our line was the worst in the league was because we had great talent and crappy coaching???

Sorry but the line was horrendous. I don't see a proven starter there.

I want Chris Henry but I do like the pick

Roth well play de/olb this is the type of player Saban wants

player on the front 7 that are interchangeable

Back
Top Bottom