Look To Arizona Game For | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look To Arizona Game For

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Answer too offensive coordination question. On that day, Tua had Godsey and Fitzpatrick in his ear all game long. So, what if we promoted Godsey to OC, and offered Fitzpatrick the QB coach position. Of course we don’t know if Godsey can run an offense, but he knows Gailey’s system pretty well, he was OC under Bill OBrien, so he knows another system apart from Gailey and look how effective the tight ends were this year. Fitz will have good input into the offense and the teacher student dynamic can continue. In three years Fitz can become our OC. I know that Fitzpatrick is a family Man and coaching has a tendency to steal ours away from family time, but Fitz‘s family he’s growing up in south Florida and for the next three or four years a QB coach does not require the same amount of hours as an OC. So you could draft someone like kellen Mond to replace Fitz as the back up and who better to get your back up ready to go in case Tua has a two to three week injury at some point during the season. Imagine that QB room. Tua and mond essentially taking a QB class at Harvard and the offense getting great insight into what Tua does best. Don’t discount Fitzpatrick’s sharp QB perspective. Imagine the tinkering and experimentation Fitz will have in crafting an offense to attack all of the defenses Fitz has seen in his career. The lab where he will be experimenting is the practice field and the test subjects are the defense.

Interesting but I am not sure Fitz is coach ready, he may be but he may not be. I would think if he is such a great mentor that would have come up already. Coaching a young QB is more than being a big brother and telling him to let it fly when under duress it's play direction and design to help the character traits of the QB and a lot more than I will ever know. Food for thought though.

Answer too offensive coordination question. On that day, Tua had Godsey and Fitzpatrick in his ear all game long. So, what if we promoted Godsey to OC, and offered Fitzpatrick the QB coach position. Of course we don’t know if Godsey can run an offense, but he knows Gailey’s system pretty well, he was OC under Bill OBrien, so he knows another system apart from Gailey and look how effective the tight ends were this year. Fitz will have good input into the offense and the teacher student dynamic can continue. In three years Fitz can become our OC. I know that Fitzpatrick is a family Man and coaching has a tendency to steal ours away from family time, but Fitz‘s family he’s growing up in south Florida and for the next three or four years a QB coach does not require the same amount of hours as an OC. So you could draft someone like kellen Mond to replace Fitz as the back up and who better to get your back up ready to go in case Tua has a two to three week injury at some point during the season. Imagine that QB room. Tua and mond essentially taking a QB class at Harvard and the offense getting great insight into what Tua does best. Don’t discount Fitzpatrick’s sharp QB perspective. Imagine the tinkering and experimentation Fitz will have in crafting an offense to attack all of the defenses Fitz has seen in his career. The lab where he will be experimenting is the practice field and the test subjects are the defense.

Is there even a hint RF would like to be a coach? I like the idea. Not sure RF does.

I think RF tries to play on 2021 if their are suitors. I think he’d be looking for a similar situation, play until the rookie is ready or play out year 1 of a rebuild. Not sure he’ll find it though which may lead him to other options.

I like Fitz and would take him back as backup QB under 1 condition. No bullpen! I can handle that in 2020 because Tua was a rookie and we were playing for something but not in 2021. Nobody could convince me starting Tua and bringing in Fitz when the going gets tough is a winning formula. That just doesn’t happen. Plus I expect a Tuacentric offense unlike what we had in 2020.

At this point and with all those kids plus having moved his family so many times in the past I'd think he'd like to take some time off before even thinking about coaching. I'm sure his family would like him to stay home at least for a while.

Back
Top Bottom