Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak

I'm not that worried about Fitzpatrick winning too many games. He had a much better supporting cast in Tampa, eventually got benched, and Tampa is still picking 5th overall despite that brief run of good play that he had. He's also a year older and will be playing behind a line that is Tunsil and pray for rain.

Bottom line is that I believe the reports that Ross really, really wants to take a run at Tua. Grier won't get fired if Fitzpatrick turns out better than expected and the consolation prize is Fromm or Herbert, but he absolutely will get fired very soon if they draft a QB this year and it's not immediately apparent that he's going to be a star.

Do you have a link to this? I haven't seen it, and it would be very interesting.

Do you have a link to this? I haven't seen it, and it would be very interesting.

It's been said over and over again by Mando, at least that he loves the idea of Tua being the Dolphins QB eventually. Ross obviously doesn't make personnel decisions and he doesn't control the draft (his idea of trading down last year was rejected by Grier and co.) He can influence things though. So an educated guess is that his message to Grier is that the only way you're position will be in serious jeopardy in the near future is if you draft a QB in the first round this year and he does not have the immediate makings of a star. On the other hand, it's harder for him to fault his FO if they're doing what he wants them to do.

Fitzpatrick is being set up to fail. And for all his flashes, he's not good enough to overcome that.

I remember the rejoicing when we drafted Tannehill

I don't remember that at all. As I recall, even the mindless homers were a bit apprehensive, and a good % of us were appalled, myself especially, considering every sane person had the Dolphins drafting Luke Kuechly with the eight pick.

People were worried about Tannehill because he was a WR convert to QB and had never played QB growing up.
Tannehill was a two year starter with a ton of raw arm talent, but he obviously was never gifted with the necessary intangibles NFL QB's need, and I think everyone is starting to realize that without a special gift in timing and mind quickness, even the greatest arms will just result in futility.

It's like baseball players who have batting averages in the 333 range and golfers who play at a level that continues to baffle scientists. There is an essential ethereal element necessary.

According to science, it shouldn't be possible for humans to perform movements with this kind of accuracy and timing, but it happens.

Some of us recognized the dearth of these intangibles in Tannehill and were nauseated at his being the pick, and we have had to live the misery of that rank stupidity for years.

Thank God he has finally moved on. I wish him all the best.

Ironically I hated Tannehill when a lot of this site loved him and I supported him once a lot of people wrote him off, since he really did elevate his play under Gase for a bit. It seems obvious in hindsight, and it was apparent pretty early to some of us why he would fail, or at least have a learning curve that didn't merit him being drafted where he did or being a week one starter, but it was pretty darn hard to be a Tannehill detractor for pretty much the entire Philbin era.

Back
Top Bottom