Looking ahead to the 2021 FAs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking ahead to the 2021 FAs

Like Howard and Breida? Look, I'm not opposed to drafting RBs, but Flo has shown he's OK with FAs
Exactly
He’s done fine with free agents but who really signs a free agent RB after his first contract and works out great? It’s rare
Draft em and keep burning em

Most of them do... what makes Peterson and Gore work is that they are smart. They know when to cut, and when to bore into a crack. They are blue collar guys...
I guess you can say they are blue collar, but both have the elite innate qualities of "feel", vision, and anticipation.

I guess you can say they are blue collar, but both have the elite innate qualities of "feel", vision, and anticipation.
That's what made them stars... now, they are still in the league because they bust their ass... and play smart.

I bring them up, because this is what you are looking for in a faded RB. Your FA targets should be high character, hard-working... SMART guys.

Like Howard and Breida? Look, I'm not opposed to drafting RBs, but Flo has shown he's OK with FAs
I don't think it was a matter of being ok with it, so much as he needed a temporary stopgap while he addressed other positions.

I'm not reading too much into what we did last year.

I don't think it was a matter of being ok with it, so much as he needed a temporary stopgap while he addressed other positions.

I'm not reading too much into what we did last year.
Agreed... Last year, he knew we were not drafting a star RB... so we needed help, and he was willing to grab-ass to find it. This year, we WILL draft a back, so the type of FA backs that we'll consider have changed.

For your starter... yes, you draft that guy. You ABSOLUTELY do. I'll give Gase this much, he did not want to sign Bell at all. He knew better.

Bell looks like he’s lost a step to me.
He always looked like that picking and choosing behind that Steelers' line. I think he could be a good committee member.

For your starter... yes, you draft that guy. You ABSOLUTELY do. I'll give Gase this much, he did not want to sign Bell at all. He knew better.
Did he know better about Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams?

Did he know better about Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams?
8/12 million per year when we need rookies... no.

UFA, soon to cash in, at a position you NEVER overpay... no.

You let those two get away... every time. That part was smart. The Bell signing, not so much.

TJ Yeldon solid backup that can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Thuney very good lineman that we can add.

Simmons Safety from Broncos.Excellent all around player.

Fuller and Davis are 2 WR's to look at .Fuller I believe is more of the wr style we are after.

Back
Top Bottom