Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw

I'd go with Goedert or Gesicki at 42 and move up a bit from 73 to get Darius Leonard. I'd be thrilled with that draft. Three starters.

Other players on the board of note:

Will Hernandez
Lorenzo Carter
Harrison Phillips
James Danuels
Mason Rudolph
Harold Landry

Guise should have went before both Penny and Michel. I didn't list him because luxury pick and he should be one of the first players gone tomorrow.

Last edited:
Josh Jackson falling would be nice. Gesicki works. Wouldn't complain about Sutton. Would be cool with Jefferson. Rudolph makes a ton of sense.

The Dolphins managed to not **** up their 1st rounder (they had help) for the first time in like a decade and there will be solid options left in the 2nd. There is hope.

I think the need and value is better if we can get two second round picks. Lock down TE and LB.

No way Darius Leonard makes it to the third, I have no problem taking him with our second pick. I would take Jaylen Samuels in the third, he might be there. Two guys that are solid productive work horses.

I stay put and go with Isaiah Oliver. That kid can ball and he's a freak body. He would be the best corner in the building on day 1. Our nickel defense would be sick with an extra starter at cb. The secondary turns into perhaps the greatest strength of the team in only one off-season

No way Darius Leonard makes it to the third, I have no problem taking him with our second pick. I would take Jaylen Samuels in the third, he might be there. Two guys that are solid productive work horses.
Yeah he's a late riser. I like him as a move up target from 73.

If we stay put in both rounds and go TE at 42 then I like Fred Warner at 73.

Totally off topic, but I was floored Frank Ragnow went ahead of some really talented guys but he is another one of those work horse guys you can’t go wrong with. I like those non-wasted picks that get you guys that will make the roster. You don’t want to reach for players but nobody cares next year when the guy made the team where you got him.

Totally off topic, but I was floored Frank Ragnow went ahead of some really talented guys but he is another one of those work horse guys you can’t go wrong with. I like those non-wasted picks that get you guys that will make the roster. You don’t want to reach for players but nobody cares next year when the guy made the team where you got him.

One thing to consider with O-linemen being (arguably) over drafted is those units have been pretty bad for a while now ... making it harder to play defense and losing those athletes caught up before many realized. It's not just a Dolphins problem ... it's been league wide for a while now. Teams like Dallas are the anomalies when they used to be the norm.

Wynn was an odd pick (stop listing him at T already). The UCLA guy got way over drafted. Price's injury should've dropped him at least a little bit. Yet Hernandez is still there and Rankin and Okarafor will make teams happy in the last (5th?) few rounds. Gotta love football.

Do
Browns
Giants
Browns
Colts
Colts
Bucs
Bears
Broncos
Raiders
- US -

So I am looking at tight end, Goedert would be my first choice. Glad Hurst is gone already. Browns and Giants have Njoku / Engram. Colts resigned Doyle recently. Bucs have Brate and Howard. Bears have Shaheen, Burton, Sims. Broncos... Butt? Not sure who else. Raiders have Jared Cook.

So honestly the Broncos are probably the biggest threat to our path at a shot a new shiny tight end. Maybe the Raiders or Colts, OR someone trades up with one of those teams to jump us.

If we end up with Goedert or Gesicki I will be very content

Do you think anyone is going to trade up for a TE with the talent left on the board. There isn’t a Graham or Gronk Talent out there so I think we have the pick of the leftover litter.

Yeah, trying to figure out who we'll have available is pointless.

What did you think tonight when we're sitting at 11 and ahead of us are Chicago, San Francisco and Oakland? Three teams who don't need QB's. Rosen's ours if we want him, right?

As soon as I saw the Cardinals logo come up on the screen, I said, "that's that!"

Same tomorrow. If a team wants a TE, there's not ONE GM in the game of pro football who isn't aware that Miami has no real TE's on the squad. So if they want Goedert, all they have to do is call the Raiders, who'll be happy to pick up some more draft picks again and screw up our plans if this is actually the player we want. You think the Cards didn't know that we might be lukewarm on Tannehill? You bet they did and they didn't take any chances.
The Cards got played by us.

Ya Hurst not being talked about but adding Minkah and Hurst to go with McMillan and Robert Quinn essentially being added, thats a lot of defensive juice.

If all the TEs are still available at 42 you can come up fron 73.

Getting our TE with our selection would be a huge bonus to adding two immediate impact players at critical positions on D.

Darius Leonard and Ian Thomas could be steals in the third. Mark Andrews could easily find himself available in the third round. We might be able to fill one of those two needa with a quality third rounder.
If we are lucky, we might be able to move down and add an early 4th and Thomas might still be there. But that is like walking on a tightrope.

Is there a combination of picks that would have a greater impact on the Phins future than Godert at tight end in the 2nd round and Jaylen Samuels as a back in the 3rd or 4th? If you could get somewhere between 80 and 100 receptions between a back and a tight end it would open up everything from the running game to Parker and Stills outside and Wilson and Amendola in the slot. Might not be the best two players available, but I can't imagine two that would have a bigger impact.

I still question if the FO believes that TE is as big a need as we do. There is so much money tied up in the WR position I just can’t see them having 6-8 million dollars standing on the sideline while a rookie TE plays.

Having four highly compensated WR’s leads me to believe that they plan on running a lot of four wide formations which eliminates the TE completely.

Now a well rounded, red zone threat I can definitely see but that could be found in later rounds. Thomas from Indiana is my top choice.

The gaping hole I still see is at DT, specifically the 1 Tech which none of our three DT’s truly play. Hurst is interesting but is a 3 Tech only so I could see Settle from Virginia Tech being a really good option there.

LB is still a big need and Carter from Georgia would be a nice addition.

If one of the offensive linemen, Hernandez or Daniels are still there they would be too hard to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom