Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start?

It's really like trying to compare a nice ripe mango to your friend Ted who drinks too much Gentleman Jack and then loves to belt out his version of Cat Scratch Fever in pig latin while dancing Mambo Number 5.... Not really anything to compare yet both are interesting.

Oh.

So you hang out in my neighborhood. Okay, then.

That first month has 1-3 written all over it. Anything about 1-3 would be pretty good.

This team SHOULD be greatly improved this year ... BUT the lack of OTC / OTAs will slow / delay product development, even with the X-PATS to help move things along ....

Outside of the PATS and JAX, the rest of those teams don’t have a significant transition ... so they ‘should’ be able to absorb the lack of training opportunities...

Like most, believe that we will close out the season strong - but don’t expect a lot over the first 8 games ...

I think it will be another 5-11 season no matter how they start out. The offensive line will take most of the season to come together and that is assuming they can stay relatively healthy. Tua will sit out most of the season while the organization ensures his hip is fully healed. Fitzpatrick will revert to the inconsistent QB he has been his entire career.
The defense will be better than last year but they will still have a lack of a pass rush and they will still end up in the bottom 10 in overall defense in the league.
They will have another top 5 draft pick in 2021 and with Tua finally in charge of the offense and Fitzpatrick retired and home making babies, the Dolphins will finally be a playoff contender in 2021.

I think it will be another 5-11 season no matter how they start out. The offensive line will take most of the season to come together and that is assuming they can stay relatively healthy. Tua will sit out most of the season while the organization ensures his hip is fully healed. Fitzpatrick will revert to the inconsistent QB he has been his entire career.
The defense will be better than last year but they will still have a lack of a pass rush and they will still end up in the bottom 10 in overall defense in the league.
They will have another top 5 draft pick in 2021 and with Tua finally in charge of the offense and Fitzpatrick retired and home making babies, the Dolphins will finally be a playoff contender in 2021.
Is this before or after the asteroid destroys all of mankind and all the women grow penises? You'd have to add water to get that glass of a projection to being empty.

I think this is a pretty objective look at the schedule and I appreciate the effort you put in.

The patriots is an interesting one he will have comfort with the system even though it’s his first start but they don’t have any weapons in Miami’s greatest strength is secondary so I don’t see how they’re going to move the ball, especially if Miami is even middle of the packet stopping the run.

Bills is tough but it’s at home, is Josh Allen going to take a leap is he going to be a run first quarterback if Miami’s defense can hold down his receivers again with the secondary being Miami’s strength forcing him to be a run first guy the run defense and line backing/safeties make the tackles against him to limit his ability to move the ball with his legs; if so, I think that it’ll be a very close game.

The Jacksonville game I agree Miami will be a favorite, the Jags have purged a lot of their talent, they also will be playing on a short week after playing an all in division rival in Tennessee who plays very physically. so they could just be beat up in Miami could be catching them at the right time to get kind of a half bye after a win.

I agree that the Seahawks game will be very intriguing I think their advantage will be the comfort with the system and having the coaches and players in that system for years so a lack of off-season won’t hurt them as much. But they will be traveling across the country and by then Miami’s players will have had nearly a month of integrating into a system gelling, working together so the team could be rounding in the form I see Seattle winning this game but it could be something like 28-24

At San Francisco I agree will likely not come out favorable but I think the team will be gelling and you’ll see a more physical brand of football. If we can keep their running game and check, I don’t think they have the weapons to beat Miami secondary but their defense is pretty disgusting and limits everyone not named Mahomes.

I think the Broncos will be better than people think their head coach is a great defensive guy so that defense will play better. it really is on whether or not Drew lock is worth much is a quarterback. He had one big game last year and then was average but they added a lot of talent and got some offensive line help so that’ll be a good game. the altitude always plays a problem but right now I think it’ll be a coin flip.

San Diego I mean Los Angeles chargers I feel like people say they have a stacked roster, they have a good offensive line they really only have one reliable outside weapon because Mike Williams is typically hurt and Hunter Henry isn’t always around due to injury as well. and Austin Eckler while a good running back ismy some sort of bell cow so again if Miami’s run defense is better I don’t see how they’re going to be great at moving the ball, I’m not saying they’ll be incapable of moving the ball but they will probably have trouble if Byron Jones and Xavien Howard can manage their wide receivers and Eric Rowe can be good versus Hunter Henry (I believe those matchups are favorable for Miami ) their quarterbacks do not totally scare me with their ability. Plus they will have traveled across the country I see a favorable game here.

The Rams having to travel across the country again gives Miami a favorable game now 2 to 3 months of the team working together and building unless injuries on both sides cause some sort of huge swing another tossup game being at home might be favorable here.

I may be in the minority but I feel like this season is going to be pushed back until around Halloween so training camps and all that kind of stuff will be its normal length otherwise you’re going to see some really really ugly football to start and while I agree with the original post it could be a lot of games that are 14-13 If there is a shortened off-season.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority but I feel like this season is going to be pushed back until around Halloween so training camps and all that kind of stuff will be its normal length otherwise you’re going to see some really really ugly football to start and while I agree with the original post it could be a lot of games that are 14-13 If there is a shortened off-season.

If that were to happen, that then causes a new challenge. Teams like Chi, GB, Sea, NYJ, Buf, NYG, KC and Car who play outside now have more cold weather games to play in.

If that were to happen, that then causes a new challenge. Teams like Chi, GB, Sea, NYJ, Buf, NYG, KC and Car who play outside now have more cold weather games to play in.

Yeah but hopefully Miami can establish the power game like they want so the offense can travel better to cities like that, and there is only up to go for the run defense.

I think we will be much improved and play better than last year,..but our record will be about 5 or 6 wins...
Still don't know how the hell that team last year won five games.

Yeah but hopefully Miami can establish the power game like they want so the offense can travel better to cities like that, and there is only up to go for the run defense.
My point was more that it won't get pushed back to cause more bitter cold games which is also when people get sick the most.

We ended up winning 5 games with a depleted (By choice) roster last year with a 1st time HC, this year we will have better, to far better talent, with more experienced coaching.

I think the idea of having too many young 1st time starters will hurt you is very overrated. Either you have good talent, and good coaching will help them get up to speed quickly, or your coaching is not as good as you thought it was.

Goat's theory that we could be 5-3 at the halfway point is very possible.

My point was more that it won't get pushed back to cause more bitter cold games which is also when people get sick the most.

Yeah you’re also assuming that will be fans in the stands. Football is probably the least dependent sport upon fans going. And the only reason I say push back is because there will be a vaccine By that point, I think the overall weather is going to be of very little concern to the NFL.

Yeah you’re also assuming that will be fans in the stands. Football is probably the least dependent sport upon fans going. And the only reason I say push back is because there will be a vaccine By that point, I think the overall weather is going to be of very little concern to the NFL.
Sure. However the deeper you go into winter the more likely you sendup with a blizzard to contend with that may make games unplayable. I don't know about your point that football is the least reliant on fans in the stands. That point is a bit hyperbolic. The fans in baseball games do the same as football fans and Nascar fans and Hockey fans and curling fans...they drink beer, tell their son to quit hitting his brother and watch while cheering...

I agree

Back
Top Bottom