Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start?

Just because we add talent doesn't mean we win. It isn't a formula.
we have an entire new offensive line...that may have to play with two qb's....what about the importance of the blind side tackle? do you ever consider these things?

we have an entire new offensive line...that may have to play with two qb's....what about the importance of the blind side tackle? do you ever consider these things?
Right. So we have the best off season in the league and no more wins. Oh ok man.

1. @NE...I could see this game going either way. We beat them up there last year, and they're breaking in a new QB with not a lot of additions. Their defense will still be tough. I'll say a W in a close one.
2. vs. BUF...They've had our number the last few seasons, and I imagine their DL may eat up our starting-to-gel OL. I wouldn't be surprised to lose by 2 TDs. L
3. @JAX...Lots of moving parts for the Jags, Dysfunction Junction there too. I really can't see us losing this one. W
4. vs. SEA...Another game that could go either way. We've had their number in SoFla, but our last win over them in Miami was 2012 I think? Regardless...SEA is a lot tougher with the east coast games. I think we drop a close one. L
5. @SF...I just don't see any chance of winning this. L
6. @DEN...I think we'll pull out a close one. They've got a screwy team up there, and as long as there isn't inclement weather, we might be ok. W
7. vs. SD...Coming back from two weeks on the west coast isn't going to be fun for the next week. L
8. vs. LAR...I think we bounce back, W.

I think 4-4 is a good shot potentially. We could be 5-3 or 3-5, too.

Sure. However the deeper you go into winter the more likely you sendup with a blizzard to contend with that may make games unplayable. I don't know about your point that football is the least reliant on fans in the stands. That point is a bit hyperbolic. The fans in baseball games do the same as football fans and Nascar fans and Hockey fans and curling fans...they drink beer, tell their son to quit hitting his brother and watch while cheering...

I have a unique perspective on this due to working in pro baseball but I can tell you having seen the financials that Baseball NEEDS people in the stands for revenue. Football has like 85% of theirs from TV. It is a unique situation.

I have a unique perspective on this due to working in pro baseball but I can tell you having seen the financials that Baseball NEEDS people in the stands for revenue. Football has like 85% of theirs from TV. It is a unique situation.
This is off-topic, and I apologize, but do you think baseball could expand by two teams in order to off-set their revenue losses this year?

When you have a very bad, to epic bad O-line the year before, but still win 5 games, then bring new (hopefully better) talent on the line this year, one of three things is going to happen...

1. You are going to eventually see the line play better as they get used to each other, and new plays.

2. They are going to struggle, but still play better then last year.

3. Again have as horrible a line as last year.

None of the three make you any less weak at O-Line then last year, but all the new talent around will eventually help make the Offense more effective then last year, and win more then 5 games.

You mean...

...exactly like we did last year, with considerably worse talent?

Is this before or after the asteroid destroys all of mankind and all the women grow penises? You'd have to add water to get that glass of a projection to being empty.
Check the over and under in Las Vegas and you will see that most people agree with me and not you. I hope the Dolphins are much better this season but I just don’t see the younger players developing enough
in their first season to give the Dolphins more wins than they had in 2019.

I am realistic enough to understand this rebuilding process is going to take more than 2 seasons. If you are happy looking through your rose colored glasses, I certainly am not going to try and convince you otherwise.
I think Tua starting in 2021 and the young players having a year experience will give them a chance of making the playoffs but I just see the 2020 season as another year in the rebuilding process.

Check the over and under in Las Vegas and you will see that most people agree with me and not you. I hope the Dolphins are much better this season but I just don’t see the younger players developing enough
in their first season to give the Dolphins more wins than they had in 2019.

I am realistic enough to understand this rebuilding process is going to take more than 2 seasons. If you are happy looking through your rose colored glasses, I certainly am not going to try and convince you otherwise.
I think Tua starting in 2021 and the young players having a year experience will give them a chance of making the playoffs but I just see the 2020 season as another year in the rebuilding process.

Vegas doesn't make odds based on how they think teams will do.

They make odds based on how they think people will bet.

Back
Top Bottom