Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at the schedule...could the Dolphins get off to a hot start?

I have a unique perspective on this due to working in pro baseball but I can tell you having seen the financials that Baseball NEEDS people in the stands for revenue. Football has like 85% of theirs from TV. It is a unique situation.
Gotcha. I thought you we're speaking in terms of fans of other sports contributing to play. You meant revenue. Got it.

Check the over and under in Las Vegas and you will see that most people agree with me and not you. I hope the Dolphins are much better this season but I just don’t see the younger players developing enough
in their first season to give the Dolphins more wins than they had in 2019.

I am realistic enough to understand this rebuilding process is going to take more than 2 seasons. If you are happy looking through your rose colored glasses, I certainly am not going to try and convince you otherwise.
I think Tua starting in 2021 and the young players having a year experience will give them a chance of making the playoffs but I just see the 2020 season as another year in the rebuilding process.
Right. I think differently and absolutely couldn't give a flying foxtrot what Vegas thinks. I'm optimistic. I save my realism for real life not sports. But again, that's me.

Right. I think differently and absolutely couldn't give a flying foxtrot what Vegas thinks. I'm optimistic. I save my realism for real life not sports. But again, that's me.
Just because I am realistic when it comes to the Dolphins doesn’t mean I don’t root for them to win every game. Of course I want them to win and go to the SB and win there. I just see this as another rebuilding year but I am certainly more optimistic about the future of this team than I have been for over 2 decades.

Anything can happen. I personally am super excited to watch our young potential grow from the start of the season to the end.

I am optimistic that this season will be better than last in terms of both the metrics and the w/l column but to be totally honest the final tally of wins really doesn't matter to me as I don't see us getting to the playoffs.

I'll qualify that by reiterating something bgnastyfish said - We are YOUNG and this season is going to be unusual in its preparation. I expect a LOT of injuries across the league so anything can happen but without the normal progress of teaching for the teams I can see a very young team like ours faltering early before coming together.

I think we'll see serious growing pains again. We're bringing in a lot of new people just like last year. Granted we're bringing in people with a lot more talent but I imagine it will still take time for the team finds its step.

Anything can happen. I personally am super excited to watch our young potential grow from the start of the season to the end.

I am optimistic that this season will be better than last in terms of both the metrics and the w/l column but to be totally honest the final tally of wins really doesn't matter to me as I don't see us getting to the playoffs.

I'll qualify that by reiterating something bgnastyfish said - We are YOUNG and this season is going to be unusual in its preparation. I expect a LOT of injuries across the league so anything can happen but without the normal progress of teaching for the teams I can see a very young team like ours faltering early before coming together.

Agree. I just want to see noticeably better play the last 10

Can we get off to a quick start?

Yes.

Will we?

Doubtful.

It generally takes some time before an Offensive Line gels, and with (at least) 4 new starters... the first few weeks could be ugly.

I hope not, but experience suggests this will happen.

I think it will be another 5-11 season no matter how they start out. The offensive line will take most of the season to come together and that is assuming they can stay relatively healthy. Tua will sit out most of the season while the organization ensures his hip is fully healed. Fitzpatrick will revert to the inconsistent QB he has been his entire career.
The defense will be better than last year but they will still have a lack of a pass rush and they will still end up in the bottom 10 in overall defense in the league.
They will have another top 5 draft pick in 2021 and with Tua finally in charge of the offense and Fitzpatrick retired and home making babies, the Dolphins will finally be a playoff contender in 2021.

A very odd way to think positive, but it is positive in the end.

I would point out those positives won't exist if it were not for this years positives and potential positives such as:

1) A huge draft in both quantity with many early picks and selections made in both the draft and free agency.
2) Having both Fitz and Rosen as QB's to support the team while our 1st round QB draftee has a chance to heal and learn and possibly even get some playing experience.
3) Updates to our coaching staff.
4) Cap space for future player acquisitions.
5) Coming off a successful last 1/2 of the season getting remarkable play from last minute replacements and exceptional QB play from Fitz, coupled with effective coaching.
6) Being set for a huge draft in 2021with many early round picks.

All this and training camp has yet to begin.

What the hell are you guys whining about!

I feel the Lemmings would be happier if they just put their football egos aside this year to allow them to enjoy an upcoming season of growth, improvement and general success across the board.

I think it will be another 5-11 season no matter how they start out. The offensive line will take most of the season to come together and that is assuming they can stay relatively healthy. Tua will sit out most of the season while the organization ensures his hip is fully healed. Fitzpatrick will revert to the inconsistent QB he has been his entire career.
The defense will be better than last year but they will still have a lack of a pass rush and they will still end up in the bottom 10 in overall defense in the league.
They will have another top 5 draft pick in 2021 and with Tua finally in charge of the offense and Fitzpatrick retired and home making babies, the Dolphins will finally be a playoff contender in 2021.
Let's see. We have definitely improved our Defense with the big time acquisitions of Kyle Van Noy (Flores' top defensive guy in New England), Byron Jones, Shaq Lawson and Emanuel Ogbah plus we have Xavien Howard returning from injury. The run defense should improve with big Raekwon Davis joining Wilkins and Godchaux. We have invested heavily in upgrading the O-line with the addition of Flowers and Karras in free agency plus devoting a 1st (Jackson), a 2nd (Hunt) and a 4th round Draft picks (Kindley) - you're right they will time to gel but the upgrade in talent is pretty obvious. We have also upgraded our running game which was pretty well non-existent in 2019 and now we have added Jordan Howard and Matt Breida. In addition we also upgraded our Special Teams with the targeted additions of Fejedelem and Grugier-Hill. Hell, we probably upgraded our Long Snapper (Ferguson), as well.
Some may also suggest that the addition of Tua Tagovailoa represents an upgrade in backup QB talent but he probably won't see the field until late.
For all of these obvious positives which players did we lose? Who?
Silence...
Um, um, Charles Harris - he was a 1st round draft pick, traded for a ham and pineapple sandwich....
Silence...
Um, um, Taco Charlton, he was cut for a burrito with guacamole...
Prolonged, sustained silence...
Um, Tabor Pepper...
Crickets...
I'm still trying to think of a decent player we lost....
And so with the massive net injection of talent (the biggest injection of talent to this team in any season in the past 20+ years), 1972forever boldly predicts absolutely zero improvement for the Miami Dolphins in wins for the season ahead.

Last edited:
I think we start 3-0 and you can quote me on that. Also think we knock the Pats' teeth out in the 1st game.

The team I want nothing to do with is San Fran. Bosa is a one man wrecking crew and I worry about the safety of our starting QB's life lol.

But yeah, I definitely think we'll have a hot start to the season . Flores has us trending upwards.

Back
Top Bottom