Looking at the schedule... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at the schedule...

Like I always say there is no reason to root against the team. The chips will fall as they may no matter what we do.

Like I always say there is no reason to root against the team. The chips will fall as they may no matter what we do.

Agreed. Once that ball is kicked off the aqua and orange coursing through my veins doesn’t allow it.

I still want to lose the game, just not during the game.

I’ll never root against the players on the field, especially now that Rosen is leading them. I would assume we’d all take 14-2 right now, no?

Agreed. Once that ball is kicked off the aqua and orange coursing through my veins doesn’t allow it.

I still want to lose the game, just not during the game.

I’ll never root against the players on the field, especially now that Rosen is leading them. I would assume we’d all take 14-2 right now, no?

Exactly. It's inevitable and always irks me but if we ever win somebody will start a thread thanking the guys who don't root against the team for the meaningless win. Like we are on the field making plays HAHA! If my rooting interests had anything to do with the team winning or losing we've had won the last 30 super bowls.

if we win one game it would be shocking

I agree with that for sure. All these hypotheticals people are discussing about wins make me laugh, and I’m a big believer in Rosen. He’s not about to close the talent gap enough to win a game. I don’t think Dan Marino would lead this roster to a win.

Outside of Rosen, Preston Williams appears to be the 2nd most valuable long term “piece” we’ve got on that side.

I also believe NO team wants to be the team to lose a game to us so don’t expect anyone to look past us. I am expecting most teams to try and throttle us all season to get their own teams going.

But you just never know. Pride is real.

There are some tough games down the line...Redskins, Giants, Steelers, and two with the Jets. Hopefully we can come out of those with at least four losses.
I'm guessing by "tough" you mean games we might win? That Steelers game has me conflicted. I want the Steelers to finish low but that means Miami winning that game to help the situation. The best scenario is Miami goes 2-14, finishes last and their wins come against the Steelers and one against the Jets (just because I despise them and would like to see Gase lose).

if we win one game it would be shocking
I actually think if they stay healthy they will win at least one, hard as that is to believe. I think the coaching will get them in order enough to squeeze out a couple and the O-line will get better just enough to allow Rosen to make some plays. Miami actually has some weapons on offense and they will probably eventually play a team that has a defensive front which doesn't get after it like we've seen thus far. Pretty hard to lose all 16.

I actually think if they stay healthy they will win at least one, hard as that is to believe. I think the coaching will get them in order enough to squeeze out a couple and the O-line will get better just enough to allow Rosen to make some plays. Miami actually has some weapons on offense and they will probably eventually play a team that has a defensive front which doesn't get after it like we've seen thus far. Pretty hard to lose all 16.

There's a reason 0-16 teams are rare. It's quite common for a lesser team to beat a better team

I can't wait for week 12ish when we hopefully have the top pick locked up and I can start cheering for some wins. Until then I remain nervous one of these teams will end up just as bad and we risk losing the pick. Which would make this entire year and the next 5 yrs a complete waste.

According ESPNs FPI Miami stands at 63.5% to get the first pick and 95.9% to get a top 5 pick.

Pittsburgh's pick has a 29% chance to be a top 5 pick and 62% to be a top 10 pick.

Texans pick is at 10.8% to be a top 10 pick.

I understand the logic. Lose and get the top pick but the fan I am I just can't stand to lose. I'm always gonna cheer for the win each week. Id rather we win and hope Pittsburgh loses out and still get a top pick!

I've spent the first 2 weeks flipping to diff games cheering for the other losers of the league to win, so that I can relax and start cheering for the phins again.

This is the absolute only situation I would ever consider a tank for....an elite QB prospect should be there, and we were likely to pick near the top of the draft anyway as the roster stood going into the season. If it wasnt for going after the QB, I wouldn't stress about where we land in the draft, as a lot of the guys are crapshoots anyway. But you hope to never be in a position to pick this high again for a long time. That is why its so rare and worth it.

Back
Top Bottom