Looking Past Miami's #1 Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking Past Miami's #1 Pick

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

I'd like to get some names of other players you hope become Miami Dolphins
I'm talking players that may be drafted in rounds 2-7, any postion or if you like
name some players at postions of need you would like to see become Dolphins.

Here are a few guys I would like to see:

WR-Chris Henry W.V. ( has a bad attitude, maybe Linehan can deal with him like he did with R. Moss)

CB-Carlos Rodgers Aub ( physical CB that could team with W.Pool and be the next generation of great Miami corners)

S-Brodny Pool Oak. ( just have a feeling he will end up here Saban acts like he really likes this player, and he could help)

i like them but dont think we will get them. I hope we get brodny pool though, he sounds good

I like CB Rogers as well. Extremely fast guy, good young talent to fill in after we sadly looxse Surtain.

I also like David Greene QB from Georgia, extremely productive, and successful.

I like Luis Castillo the DT from Northwestern, but he may be a first rounder. I think he averaged like 80 tackles a year as a DT. 6'5, 305.

I think the center from LSU is someone that Saban is hoping falls to him, Wilkerson, people on this board seem to know quite a bit about him.

Eric Shelton the RB from Louisville is a MAN! Big kid, watched him play a few games this year, played extremely well.

Chad Owens WR Hawaii reminds me of a Hines Ward/Wes Welker kind of guy (maybe even smaller). He is a WR, but can do EVERYTHING!

I tell you who I dont want to see us draft is Adrian McPherson. Just my personal preference.

Pool and Rogers will be drafted in the first round, so the chances of Miami getting either one are unlikely at this point.

What Miami does in the third round may be determined by what they do in the first round. If they go with Alex Smith in the first round, then I believe they almost have to go with a running back in the third round. Vernand Morency, Ciatric Fason, and maybe Marion Barber III will be available at that point.

There are some other players that I have heard the Dolphins are high on though. One guy, who they might just take in the second round if they can acquire a second round pick, that Miami really likes is Alfred Fincher, a linebacker from Connecticut. They also like Odell Thurman from Georgia, though Fincher is a bigger player and may carry a higher grade on the Dolphins draft board at this point.

There are also a couple of defensive tackles that could warrant some interest. One is Sione Pouha, a big 325 lbers from Utah who can play on the nose or in a two gap set.

The Dolphins also like Pouha's teammate, who is a defensive end, Jonathan Fanene.

There are a couple of offensive linemen that Miami has either had in for a workout or have gone to visit. In the third to fourth round area, you could see Miami showing some interest in North Carolina State's Chris Colmer and North Carolina's Jason Brown. They also like North Carolina's safety, Gerald Sensabaugh.

Miami also likes the Georgia tandem at wide receiver, Reggie Brown and Fred Gibson. They have also shown some interest in Vincent Jackson from Northern Colorado, who is a bigger wide receiver.

A running back that I know Rick Spielman is very interested in is Kay Jay Harris from West Virginia.

I like to see phins draft

1st Smith QB - or trade down. Saban begins building his foundation for overachieving team.
2nd Corey Webster CB - Surtains future replacement or next FS
3rd Fason Rb - Big powerful fast enough back and good receiver
4th Morrison ILB - Our LBs are too old and I hear this guy is mean
5th Incognito or wilkerson - we need a center and their injuries may see them drop to fifth round
7th Take best available DT here to groom

Time to give Olindo Mare his walking papers, and take:

MIKE NUGENT, Ohio State.

My ideal draft would look something like this:

1. QB Alex Smith
2. OLB Kevin Burnett (from Surtain trade0
3. RB Frank Gore
4. WR Roydell Williams
5. S Jerome Carter
7. DT Santonio Thomas

Some other guys I like after round one are WRs Vincent Jackson, Fred Gibson, Reggie Brown, and Courtney Roby. DT Mike Patterson. OLB Matt McCoy. CBs Brandon Bowner, Bryant McFadden, and Corey Webster. S Andre Maddox. OT Mike Munoz. C Ben Wilkerson. RBs Vernon Morency, Ciatrick Fason, and Darren Sprowles. QBs Kyle Orton, Andrew Walter, Adrian McPherson, Walter Washington and Derek Anderson.

sports24/7 said:
My ideal draft would look something like this:

1. QB Alex Smith
2. OLB Kevin Burnett (from Surtain trade0
3. RB Frank Gore
4. WR Roydell Williams
5. S Jerome Carter
7. DT Santonio Thomas

Man it would be a huge disappointment if that happens.

Can someone please give me advice and comments on the mock in my sig it includes TB trade, Surtain trade, and Zgonina trade. Please in your advice don't just say it sucks, say why and please list some suggestions. Thank you in advance.

All i'l, says is 3 words

QB from auburn 2nd round.

Cambell, could be our QB of the future.

BocaHighQB said:
Can someone please give me advice and comments on the mock in my sig it includes TB trade, Surtain trade, and Zgonina trade. Please in your advice don't just say it sucks, say why and please list some suggestions. Thank you in advance.

firstly i think that the possibility of all of those trades coming through is very unlikely. as for the draft i think that at #5 either cleveland or chicago would have taken edwards. i think from #5 you gotta go with Brown or Benson, whichever one is available. i like baas in the second and i don't mind picking an OLB in the second but i think that that spot is where we should go WR. other than that i like the rest but i do think we should pick up DT Bryant at some stage in the later rounds.

BocaHighQB said:

firstly i think that the possibility of all of those trades coming through is very unlikely. as for the draft i think that at #5 either cleveland or chicago would have taken edwards. i think from #5 you gotta go with Brown or Benson, whichever one is available. i like baas in the second and i don't mind picking an OLB in the second but i think that that spot is where we should go WR. other than that i like the rest but i do think we should pick up DT Bryant at some stage in the later rounds.

i would like to see us draft

qb jason campbell or charlie frey
wr mark braddley
te billy bajema
de marcus spears
rb cadilac williams
c whats his name
cb darret williams
rg sam mayes ( thru undrafted rookie pool)
then you have the offense of a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom