Looks Daniel Thomas is DONE. (opinion) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Daniel Thomas is DONE. (opinion)

Gilleslee didnt show anything during preseason. Not that Thomas is a world beater, but Im not sure Gilleslee is an upgrade over Thomas.

Next offseason we should look for a real RB, not a dancer.

Gilleslee didnt show anything during preseason. Not that Thomas is a world beater, but Im not sure Gilleslee is an upgrade over Thomas.

Let's not forget he and Gary never got the benefit of running behind the 1st string O-line. Honestly, the only kinda back that could make a difference at this points is:

1) A back that is strong and can break tackles, particularly arm tackles (See R.Williams)
2) One that is extremely shifty with the ability to make folks miss. Set them up one way and cut back or whatever the other way(See. R Bush)

Interestingly, both are skill sets neither of our backs possess. Although, having watched him play at Florida I would say Gillislee has more of the shiftiness than either of our current starters.

More likely Lamar Miller is done; if you can't pass protect, you can't play.

This. Gilleslee was another mostake. Andre Ellington was the correct pick here, he is now at Zona and soon to start. Nice move, Ireland.

Well, to be fair, related article or not. Daniel Thomas' career isn't far from being done. The guy is horrendous. I've never seen a running back so consistent at picking up 1 yard on 1st and 10 & no yards on 3rd and 1.

He regressed, he had some nice games early in his career.

Let's not forget he and Gary never got the benefit of running behind the 1st string O-line. Honestly, the only kinda back that could make a difference at this points is:

1) A back that is strong and can break tackles, particularly arm tackles (See R.Williams)
2) One that is extremely shifty with the ability to make folks miss. Set them up one way and cut back or whatever the other way(See. R Bush)

Interestingly, both are skill sets neither of our backs possess. Although, having watched him play at Florida I would say Gillislee has more of the shiftiness than either of our current starters.

Gray looked great the first two preseason games and then dissolved to nothing the last two. Overall Gray did more behind the same line than Gilleslee did.

I agree with both 1 and 2

ehhh...maybe for pass pro...as a ball carrier gilly makes my head hurt...so run of the mill

Gillislee showed nothing in the preseason. I'm not sure what OP was looking at. I saw zero burst and certainly no upgrade over Thomas.
Other than some shoddy pass protection on a few plays (failing to stop a blitzing linebacker more well-trained at rushing than he is at blocking), Thomas has gotten everything he can out of the plays he's tried to run. Our O-Line is just brutal. Honestly, I think Thomas has even better vision than Miller. When your line is just giving you nothing play after play, you start over-thinking it and searching for holes, and that takes you out of being instinctive and greatly reduces your ability to burst through the tiny cracks that very occasionally do open up.

I ****ing said it in ****ing March. This season was wasted if we didn't improve the O-line. It's not our backs, it's not Tannehill. It's our O-line. They don't pass protect and they rarely open any holes. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Daniel Thomas' yards per carry when there are defenders in the backfield the second he gets the hand-off, play after play.

Back
Top Bottom