Looks Daniel Thomas is DONE. (opinion) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Daniel Thomas is DONE. (opinion)

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
Mike Gillislee May Answer Miami Dolphins Lackluster Running Game, Save Ryan TannehillMARK LOISELLE 21 hours ago on Phin Phanatic
With Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas scrapping for every single yard five games into the season, first-year running back Mike Gillette should at least get a consideration for repetitions.
Gillislee, a former Florida Gator, showed some promise as well as versatility all throughout the preseason, and subsequently, Miami’s running game has played a minor role in the offense thus far in the 2013 season.
The 2013 fifth-round pick should get an opportunity. Miller and Thomas as a whole have recorded a total of 282 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the season and averaging 69.6 yards per game which is 28th in the league.
That being said, the running game really has low expectations and applies way too much pressure on second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill to complete passes. The reasoning for the offensive struggles weighs on the shoulders of the running game. When the running game progresses, more opportunities to throw the ball will appear.
A little bit of Gillislee is what the Dolphins need. He is an explosive back out of the backfield — receiving and running the ball — and can run through the tackles with a decent amount of force.
If the Dolphins want to save their 3-2 stance from having a major decline, Gillislee will have to be placed in the backfield alongside Miller rather than Thomas. The third-year back doesn’t present a ton of upside for Joe Philbin and company — he’s been irrelevant so far in this campaign.
Gillislee not only presents a new style, but a change of scenery in the running game. Miami should focus on improving that part of the game rather than settling for average, and Gillislee could be the resolution.

This doesn't mean that Thomas is done, that just means that someone wants to see Gillislee.

I think Thomas needed to go last year. Guy has done nothing.

Uh what did you read bc I read a guys opinion. Very misleading

Why not just welcome Mike Gillislee to the lineup instead of putting a knife in Thomas?

I figured after the bye was a good time to slip Gillislee in the lineup.I'd try him in punt returns and leave Thigpen in Kickoffs.

Mike Gillislee May Answer Miami Dolphins Lackluster Running Game, Save Ryan TannehillMARK LOISELLE 21 hours ago on Phin Phanatic
With Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas scrapping for every single yard five games into the season, first-year running back Mike Gillette should at least get a consideration for repetitions.
Gillislee, a former Florida Gator, showed some promise as well as versatility all throughout the preseason, and subsequently, Miami’s running game has played a minor role in the offense thus far in the 2013 season.
The 2013 fifth-round pick should get an opportunity. Miller and Thomas as a whole have recorded a total of 282 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the season and averaging 69.6 yards per game which is 28th in the league.
That being said, the running game really has low expectations and applies way too much pressure on second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill to complete passes. The reasoning for the offensive struggles weighs on the shoulders of the running game. When the running game progresses, more opportunities to throw the ball will appear.
A little bit of Gillislee is what the Dolphins need. He is an explosive back out of the backfield — receiving and running the ball — and can run through the tackles with a decent amount of force.
If the Dolphins want to save their 3-2 stance from having a major decline, Gillislee will have to be placed in the backfield alongside Miller rather than Thomas. The third-year back doesn’t present a ton of upside for Joe Philbin and company — he’s been irrelevant so far in this campaign.
Gillislee not only presents a new style, but a change of scenery in the running game. Miami should focus on improving that part of the game rather than settling for average, and Gillislee could be the resolution.

No. Just. No. :bobdole:

Well, to be fair, related article or not. Daniel Thomas' career isn't far from being done. The guy is horrendous. I've never seen a running back so consistent at picking up 1 yard on 1st and 10 & no yards on 3rd and 1.

Why not just welcome Mike Gillislee to the lineup instead of putting a knife in Thomas?

I figured after the bye was a good time to slip Gillislee in the lineup.I'd try him in punt returns and leave Thigpen in Kickoffs.

I think you meant " sticking a fork" in Thomas?

It doesn't matter who is back there. Hell put Adrian Peterson back there and I bet he doesn't get 100 yards with that Oline.. It's time for some on here to finally admit that the offensive line is just as valuable as a position as the skill positions... You can't make those throws to your playmakers if you have a beast in your face every second....

With this O-Line, you honestly think that a change at RB is going to make a difference? None can run in this Offense if there are no running lanes.

Back
Top Bottom