Looks like Ross wants to keep the Dolphins in the family | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Ross wants to keep the Dolphins in the family

At least someone with a want to win attitude . A Elway like role.

The sooner we all realize that all Ross cares about is winning, the better.

He did what every single other person in the NFL does, only problem is he was ratted on.

All this guy wants to do is win.

I hate when people say he's such a bad owner.
I absolutely agree with this statement. Another unpopular opinion, I believe Tom Brady would be an excellent addition in a senior role on this team. The guy is smart and competitive as heck which would serve the dolphins well.

Going to be a lot of unhappy fans…..

So what? With the right leadership under the owner, the owner doesn't matter. Broncos went and got Russel Wilson while the team was up for sale. It has no bearing on anything for the most part unless she wants to get involved at a jerry jones level.

Ross’ problem was he was bungling and didn’t abide y the rules (written or unwritten).

I doubt Jennifer is stupid and will learn from those mistakes. But Ross always wants to win. So credit him there. If she brings that desire - great!

Also, she won’t have to sell like the Robbie’s did. Ross isn’t going to turn it over to her because she has to sell it. And his net worth is probably double the value of the franchise. So she will likely be able to keep it.

I am down with a woman owner. And who knows when she will take over? Hopefully we will have won a SB by then.

I absolutely agree with this statement. Another unpopular opinion, I believe Tom Brady would be an excellent addition in a senior role on this team. The guy is smart and competitive as heck which would serve the dolphins well.
Well, he can't leave it to Brady. I mean, he can but how weird would that be? There's still plenty of opportunities to have someone like Peyton or Brady or someone else to come in as a leader of minority owners and become the face of the team if she wants to go that way.

The funny thing is that Ross is going to give her advice on being a good owner like any father would do. Reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld joke from comedians in cars getting coffee. "Ya know when you see two homeless together talking, one is giving the other advice."

I'm guessing she went to Michigan and also has a crush on Harbaugh

As I remember, it wasn't necessarily by choice with the Robbie family. There was no actual liquid cash to pay the estate taxes. They had to sell something.
Exactly. The Robbie’s had no choice but to sell the team once Joe passed away because they didn’t have the financial resources to pay the estate taxes while keeping the team. Joe Robbie was never one of the riches owners in the NFL, which Ross is.

His daughter should inherit plenty of money to be able to afford to keep the team if she wants to. Whether she wants to remain the owner long term or just sell it won’t be known until she actually becomes majority owner of the team.

So is Beal still part of Ross real estate company?

Good! Allegedly it was Beal who has a relationship with Brady and who did the tampering, not Ross.

Good riddance. Hopefully she is smart enough to hire/delegate well and stay the fvck out of the way!

Back
Top Bottom