Looks like Saban is ok w/o drafting a QB. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Saban is ok w/o drafting a QB.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad we didn't draft one. I think Feeley and Frerotte will be alright. I think Feeley will win out and with the improved O, he will show that he's a lot better than last year. I hope we sign a couple of rookie free agents at C, WR, and DB.

We'll probably sign Guidugli who's a talented competitor at QB. He'll challenge for the 3rd spot.

Why is everyone so high on Frerotte when he hasn't done sh*t for the past 10 years? I don't get it.

The reason why they didnt draft a QB was because they always took the best player available. There were no QBs at the positions they drafted that were the best available according to them.

If we weren't going to take a guy on day one, there was no point to it. A Tom Brady happens once every 20 years, if that. Better to use those late picks on unheralded trench guys, who have value in their ability to rotate in and out of the lineup.

In any event, once we passed on David Greene, there wasn't anyone left who would have seriously challenged AJ Feeley for the starting job, so what's the point?

I'm starting to wonder if we'll pick up Wilkerson if no one drafts him.

I still don't get why people are so high on Feeley when HE COSTED US SO MANY GAMES DUE TO STUPID ERRORS! Honestly, how many passes did he throw to DBs that were returned for TDs? Remember the Bills game at home? Remember the Seahawks game? Remember the Bengals game? Oh yeah, he had one good game against NE (which he didn't screw up thankfully)..and he's suddenly this savior. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should've drafted some QB in the late rounds to start...but just getting someone would've proved that the area needs help and we're going to toy with talent to see who we like and who will adjust. Perhaps another Brady could have been found in those rounds. Who knows....and we'll never know b/c we didn't get a late round pick on one (like David Greene or Frye).

BullDurham said:
Why is everyone so high on Frerotte when he hasn't done sh*t for the past 10 years? I don't get it.

Yo Crash, who's high on Frerotte? He's an adequate backup, nothing more, nothing less.

CaptainCharisma said:
I still don't get why people are so high on Feeley when HE COSTED US SO MANY GAMES DUE TO STUPID ERRORS! Honestly, how many passes did he throw to DBs that were returned for TDs? Remember the Bills game at home? Remember the Seahawks game? Remember the Bengals game? Oh yeah, he had one good game against NE (which he didn't screw up thankfully)..and he's suddenly this savior. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should've drafted some QB in the late rounds to start...but just getting someone would've proved that the area needs help and we're going to toy with talent to see who we like and who will adjust. Perhaps another Brady could have been found in those rounds. Who knows....and we'll never know b/c we didn't get a late round pick on one (like David Greene or Frye).

Put any of the top QB behind our line and let's see how well they do with only 1.3 seconds to throw the ball. I'm not saying Feeley is the 2nd coming of Marino but I don't think what we saw last year was the real Feeley. We had no line and no running game not to mention no clue on offense for most of the year. Well see this year. IF he does bad this year, then we can him and I will concede that he was a bust. Until then, he's my man!

So maybe Saban doesn't hate Rick Spielman as much as some want him to?

CaptainCharisma said:

jesus christ! no one is calling feeley a savior, but keep in mind, we are a bad team with a lot of needs, he played decently last year, despite only getting half of the snaps as #1 qb, no running game, no offensive line, and a coordinator who wasnt suited for the job. you're dreaming if we find a "brady" in those late rounds... Honestly, you think greene or Frye would hav e been a good choice? with all of our needs.. give me a break.

we're not winning any superbowl next year, we adressed some much needed youth on Defense and added starpower Ronnie Brown. give feeley a chance to see what he's got.. but more than likely we'll go after a QB next season.

OK, So Which QB Do We Draft in 2006?

For all of you who think that next year is so much better than this year and ABSOLUTELY couldn't TOLERATE the idea of WASTING a pick on QB in this "thin" draft... SPEAK UP!!!

WHO is it gonna be in 2006? WHO is our next Franchise QB? Come on, give us a name!

NAME ONE!!! I DARE you!

Anyone who says Leinart is disqualfied.

NAME OUR GUY! Come on!

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom