Looks like the Feeley deal is complete.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like the Feeley deal is complete..

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
clear.gif

On the same day Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt told quarterback Jay Fiedler he wants him back in 2004, the team finalized a contract with the player expected to succeed Fiedler as the starter.

A source said the Dolphins and A.J. Feeley agreed to a five-year contract Wednesday that includes a $3 million signing bonus. Reaching a deal was the final obstacle to Feeley joining the Dolphins in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Read Entire Article HERE

Well, this comes as a shock. A.J. Feeley? No one has even mentioned him in the last week!!!!!! :lol: Well, I suppose this means no backing out for Ramsey or Henson. I hope A.J. is ready for this firestorm.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I personally hoping this was just a very very good fake out. :lol:

AJ Feeley in Miami. Who would of thought.

On Jan. 10th of this year. There was a thread callled, "Are we going QB in the first round? Looks like it." The person who started the thread, mentioned some options that would be available. Another finheavener named KBISBACK, beat me to the punch on being the first one on Finheaven to mention A.J. Feeley as a possibility. I backed him up on that one because I had the opportunity to watch the games Feeley played in, and I liked what I saw. But, I only said to go after Feeley if the more established QBs were too pricey to sign. I also believed we would get a better bang for our buck signing him, because he would be cheaper.

Then, it looked like we were focused on Ramsey and Henson, so Feeley never crossed my mind anymore. But the sudden signing of him caught me off guard, because there was no mention of anyone from the Fin brass talking to Feeley's agent.

But it's still pretty cool that the QB I figured that would "fly under the radar" was signed by us. :cool:

Now we just have to wait and see what happens. I will definitely be flying down for my first Dolphins training camp this summer (woo hoo) to check things out. I've been a Fiedler supporter all this time, but I do welcome the change.

Giving up next year's conditional second round pick was a shocker, but why complain about it. In free agency, you have to over spend. We fell short one year on signing Kruetz and the following year on signing Gandy. Then people ON THIS BOARD criticized the front office for not being aggressive enough. I have faith in Speilman. He hasn't done anything to hurt this team to make me think otherwise. I trust he did all his homework on Feeley, and then he did what it takes to get him. It's a risky trade that could pay off big for us, but at least someone in the front office has some balls to take a chance. . ;)

Last edited:
Finaticalone, great post and congrats on your Cleo-like abilities but, edit the part about going after Kruetz and Gandy in the same year.....Kruetz was two years ago, Gandy was last year......I'd hate to see some moron completely disregard your post because of a simple brain fart. ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Finaticalone, great post and congrats on your Cleo-like abilities but, edit the part about going after Kruetz and Gandy in the same year.....Kruetz was two years ago, Gandy was last year......I'd hate to see some moron completely disregard your post because of a simple brain fart. ;)

Thanks Infinsible. I made the correction. :) You know how some people can get. ;)

I was also hoping this wouldn't really happen,but it looks like it is! So there is no sense in bitching anymore! LET'S GO AJ!!!!!!!!! And I'll prayer tonight and every night we get you some O-line and another WR!

Can you imagine if Fiedler ends up a Jet? i think the Jets would like that. but of course, as a backup. sorry jay.

another note:

wasnt it a $5mil bonus they were talking about? now its 3. hmmmmmmm. you see? things arent so bad. 5 yrs/ 3 mil bonus. wonder what the base is now?

His cap number will be tiny unless he has ridiculous base salaries.

I like the deal if were going to be our backup and wasn't a second rd pick. A third I could have easily lived with, but that second is a big chunk to take.

Oh well, it's done and over with let's see what ya got kid.

Originally posted by Samphin
I hope A.J. is ready for this firestorm.

Living in Eagles country (blecch) I hear a lot of Eagle info....

AJ is a pretty stand up kid... he's well liked by Phila fans, who, IMO are much more rabid than we are... they'll turn on a favorite in the blink of an eye. If he can win those fans over, he should be more than ready to confront us! :cooldude:

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
I was also hoping this wouldn't really happen,but it looks like it is! So there is no sense in bitching anymore! LET'S GO AJ!!!!!!!!! And I'll prayer tonight and every night we get you some O-line and another WR!

AMEN! :D

The parts that I'm intersted in......

- $3 million signing bonus
- The specific conditions of the 2nd round pick

All we here is "conditional 2nd round pick". Well, just what are those conditions??

Until we find out the contract structure and terms of the trade, we really can't give it a fair and accurate shake. Although I'm really liking the bonus part......

Originally posted by Muck
The parts that I'm intersted in......

- $3 million signing bonus
- The specific conditions of the 2nd round pick

All we here is "conditional 2nd round pick". Well, just what are those conditions??

Until we find out the contract structure and terms of the trade, we really can't give it a fair and accurate shake. Although I'm really liking the bonus part......

Not only that, the final three years are option years, so we can cut our losses cheaply if it doesn't work out. His first year cap # is probably between only $1-$1.5 million for a STARTING QB. This gives us the flexibility to make our other offseason moves. GREAT TRADE!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom