Looks like we’re not ignoring the RB position again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like we’re not ignoring the RB position again

Those mocks means nothing, go get the player that you need regardless of the round. make him the player you want, Williams, Harris, Etienne, are solid so stop talking about Mel Kiper, Todd Mcshay and the rest of them, we lose out on good players because of Mock draft, If you want Pitts then go get him.

Is it? We’ve drafted players who didn’t visit before... anyone acting like they have any clue is going to end up looking silly.
Who have we drafted that we haven’t interviewed? You just made that up.

Who have we drafted that we haven’t interviewed? You just made that up.
I didn't say we didn't interview. I'm saying when we had normal visits t Dolphins HQ, we didn't meet with a couple of players we've selected. Did we meet them at the combine? Unknown.

Those mocks means nothing, go get the player that you need regardless of the round. make him the player you want, Williams, Harris, Etienne, are solid so stop talking about Mel Kiper, Todd Mcshay and the rest of them, we lose out on good players because of Mock draft, If you want Pitts then go get him.
Not what I've been told. Mocks are gospel and absolutely what a team will do.

Atlanta is taking Pitts and Bengals Chase.......book it because mocks have said so.

I'm never going to agree with the crowd that thinks RBs aren't important in the NFL anymore. I think with the rules changing the game changed. It's become easier to pass so teams are passing more but never forget what out team looked like with Tannehill at QB and no run game. Every D loaded the box and dared us to beat them with the pass. Our offense stunk and we were the worst short yardage team I've ever seen. These things kill an offense and the moral of the entire squad. I believe, with Tua, we need to be a team that is super physical up front with a absolute terror running the ball. That means upgrading the talent at RB. If we really want to do it right we need to address it in the first round. I think the Raiders and the Steelers want Najee Harris so waiting until round 2 severely limits who we can choose.

I didn't say we didn't interview. I'm saying when we had normal visits t Dolphins HQ, we didn't meet with a couple of players we've selected. Did we meet them at the combine? Unknown.
Who? I’m not aware of any.

I'm never going to agree with the crowd that thinks RBs aren't important in the NFL anymore. I think with the rules changing the game changed. It's become easier to pass so teams are passing more but never forget what out team looked like with Tannehill at QB and no run game. Every D loaded the box and dared us to beat them with the pass. Our offense stunk and we were the worst short yardage team I've ever seen. These things kill an offense and the moral of the entire squad. I believe, with Tua, we need to be a team that is super physical up front with a absolute terror running the ball. That means upgrading the talent at RB. If we really want to do it right we need to address it in the first round. I think the Raiders and the Steelers want Najee Harris so waiting until round 2 severely limits who we can choose.

The problem is there are no absolutes. We've all seen the feature back go down and the #2 back get 150 yds rushing. That's OL. We've seen the feature back go down and the O stalls. But, as a rule it takes RB and OL (and a good OC and a decent passing games, and . . .

RBs ARE important. Miami fans have seen a lot of bad ones. But, that doesn't mean THE TOP RB and it doesn't mean just one. 'RB by committee' is real. Get a solid RB who can get tough yards consistently and I'm happy.

Fact is no one knows for sure all the players we’ve interviewed pre-draft, but we DO know we’ve drafted tons of players we’ve interviewed. The vast majority. Pointing out one obscure player who never played a down for the MD is a really weak attempt at an argument. If you really want to know who the MD will draft follow who they met with pre-draft. Everyone was shocked by Igbo but I wasn’t because Flo personally met with him at Auburn. SMH

I can see them taking a flyer on a RB in the 5th and beyond. They may go Receiver at 6, Jenkins at 18, Edge/LB at 36 Meinerz at 50. Adding two nasty oline man allowing anyone to line up in the backfield.

IMO it's pretty rare to hit on RB outside of the top 100 at least in recent history. I also don't love the salary implications of taking a RB in the 1st. IMO the sweet spot most years is to target RB on day 2. But this year I don't know that you can do that and get one of the top 3. I think Pitt will take a RB in the 1st and that Jax and NYJ are very likely to take a RB with their 2nd round picks before our #36. So the decision may come down to which option do they prefer? Taking a first round RB or missing out on the top 3?

Back
Top Bottom