Loose lips? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loose lips?

So I'm listening to a sports talk show here in Denver and I'm hearing Miami let it be known they were going to take Javonte Williams with their 1st second round pick. As we know now, Denver traded in front of Miami to take him. Somehow Elway is involved. Is there any talk in Miami about this?
I find it hard to believe this front office would spill the beans before the pick but stranger things have happened.
ya there was an article on their new gm patton on nfl.com today. They talked about how a afc east actually told them and also texted denver after to congratulate denver from stopping miami from getting williams. Another note though, when our edge rusher started falling Denver started making calls to trade up to get him. They didn't think he would last past 15. But miami put the stops to that by drafting Phillips. So Denver stopped looking for a trade up to get Phillips.

I thought that was interesting.

I heard something on youtube that said the Dolphins do not have a large scouting dept. Surprised cause I thought every team had one.

Elway just needs to worry about developing a qb and not grabbing the end of career Manning’s and Rodgers to buy Super Bowls!

Phillip Lindsey would be a good FA. He was a hard working fan favorite and Broncos dumped him for Minn FA Boone. Lindsay tweeted this after the JW pick:
😂😂

Phillip Lindsey would be a good FA. He was a hard working fan favorite and Broncos dumped him for Minn FA Boone. Lindsay tweeted this after the JW pick:
😂😂
I think he signed with Texans

It was all the master plan of the Pat's front office to get Mac Jones. They sent Flores here in order to influence the draft by pulling off trade after trade so Miami could hinder the taking of Jones and thus remove the effectiveness of also drafting the players Miami actually wanted therefore killing two birds with one stone.

Listening to NFLN and it reporter talking about Denver and Paton, their GM. Sounds like Denver thought Miami was going to select Williams. So they traded ahead of the Dolphins. If true kudos to them. But more likely speculation not fact. If you watched Miami's reaction after Denver took Williams, it sure seems like Denver did Miami a favor, because it allowed Grier to get their guy. It gets annoying at times seeing reporters doing the dirty work of a team trying to justify its actions, like Denver seems to have done in this instance.

The good thing about putting out such a ridiculous amount of misdirection leaks on purpose is that it would be unlikely anyone has good reason to believe it if a real one happens to get out. I don't pay attention to any of our rumors anymore.

We're basically the boy that cried wolf.

there is no way Denver needed to be tipped off on whether we were interested in drafting an RB, especially at that spot.

So I'm listening to a sports talk show here in Denver and I'm hearing Miami let it be known they were going to take Javonte Williams with their 1st second round pick. As we know now, Denver traded in front of Miami to take him. Somehow Elway is involved. Is there any talk in Miami about this?
I find it hard to believe this front office would spill the beans before the pick but stranger things have happened.

AM sports talk radio is like the circus that never leaves town

I'd venture the Denver area sports media is like the Rockies broadcating crew.... (In the words of Chuck Barkley) Turribull, just turribull

Something just doesn't seem right about all this. Miami (Who's normally more guarded then Ft Knox), let's it slip they want Williams in Denver, and the moment the Broncos jump them to take him, Miami losses no time to send a card with Holland, their top Safety prospect?

Normally when a team is jumped and robbed of a player they wanted, the organization takes time to think and figure out what to do next...Miami not only knew who they wanted, they rushed they're pick up with the ink on the Bronco's card still wet.

Hard to believe, especially with how Miami needed a back, and how good Williams Iooked, but there is a good chance maybe Miami wanted Holland in the 1st place.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not entirely certain they would have taken Williams with that pick, I am curious if Holland would have been taken there.......Flores looked awfully happy....

Something just doesn't seem right about all this. Miami (Who's normally more guarded then Ft Knox), let's it slip they want Williams in Denver, and the moment the Broncos jump them to take him, Miami losses no time to send a card with Holland, their top Safety prospect?

Normally when a team is jumped and robbed of a player they wanted, the organization takes time to think and figure out what to do next...Miami not only knew who they wanted, they rushed they're pick up with the ink on the Bronco's card still wet.

Hard to believe, especially with how Miami needed a back, and how good Williams Iooked, but there is a good chance maybe Miami wanted Holland in the 1st place.

View attachment 75355
agreed, the Broncos were obviously targeting DBs

Back
Top Bottom