Loose lips? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loose lips?

crashfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
So I'm listening to a sports talk show here in Denver and I'm hearing Miami let it be known they were going to take Javonte Williams with their 1st second round pick. As we know now, Denver traded in front of Miami to take him. Somehow Elway is involved. Is there any talk in Miami about this?
I find it hard to believe this front office would spill the beans before the pick but stranger things have happened.

One thing I'll say about the Grier/Flo regime is that they've clamped down on the leaks. Sure, there are leaks, but they're intentional and planned disinformation. If Miami did indeed legitimately let it be known they were drafting Javonte Williams, a prospect who many on this board including me really liked, then my guess is that it was an intentional leak and disinformation. But with rumors, there's never any telling whether they were legit or not.

I wish Flores had a camera on him during the draft like last year. I would have loved to see his reaction this year.

Probably a smokescreen. Don’t think Grier/Flores were ever going to target any running back in the first 3 rounds. Dolphins did a significant amount of homework on safeties pre-draft, and Holland was definitely high on the board clearly.

So I'm listening to a sports talk show here in Denver and I'm hearing Miami let it be known they were going to take Javonte Williams with their 1st second round pick. As we know now, Denver traded in front of Miami to take him. Somehow Elway is involved. Is there any talk in Miami about this?
I find it hard to believe this front office would spill the beans before the pick but stranger things have happened.
.... or we leaked info we wanted Denver to hear to protect the pick we were really after ...
1620061471090.png

Probably a smokescreen. Don’t think Grier/Flores were ever going to target any running back in the first 3 rounds. Dolphins did a significant amount of homework on safeties pre-draft, and Holland was definitely high on the board clearly.
Flores was at his pro day. They wanted him not Williams.

I don't believe it. Its just BS talk and speculation. The way Miami ran that card up with 5 minutes left on the clock to select Holland, tells me Williams was never in consideration, and Holland was the only target all along.

Miami may have used a Williams smokescreen to hide their true intention? That's my speculative take on it. But no one knows for sure.

Kyle Krabbs was tipped off Friday afternoon before the start of the 2nd that he might want to do some digging on Jevon Holland. I don't think Williams was ever the pick, despite how much some of us wanted it to be. The FO proved as much when they again refused to draft Sermon at 81, and again in the 5th by trading out entirely.

Maybe next year, after we lose the AFC Championship in a close contest with the Chiefs, and it's clear we have no holes, Grier will finally draft a stud RB in the 1st round, and it'll be like adding the final infinity stone to the gauntlet.

Back
Top Bottom