Losing Season Or Super Bowl Loss? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing Season Or Super Bowl Loss?

ch19079 said:
let me compare it to something to help understand.

a loosing season is like getting beat up by a bully at school. it sucks, but a few min. later you get up and move on.

loosing a SB is like winning a fight, but then being kicked in the balls really really hard. you were doing good, but now your in more pain than you would have been if you had lost the fight in the first min.

Being kicked in the balls four times in a row kinda explains why the Bills play the way they do :)

Just kidding ..... I agree with your statement though. I would rather have a losing season than go to the SB and lose. As a pats fan, I experienced both and I can attest to the fact that after the 1-15 season, I was cursing everyone in the Patriots organization, but felt much better than I felt in 85. 96 was the worst, with Parcells stabbing us in the back at the SB.

But of course, nothing beats the feelings in 2001, 2003 & 2004

So wait is the question which would you rather or which is worse?

I still have the pain from the SB loss. That is rough. No worse feeling... even this season, by about the 9th game... knew this season was over. Chalk it up and start looking forward to the next season. In 84 that loss haunted me for a long time. I HATED Montana and the niners for soooo long!

Namor said:
These are both crappy feelings,but what is your opinion of the worst
feeling?It may take a few old timers to help with this.Whats the
worst feeling :losing season or getting all the way to the Super
Bowl and losing?

Losing season, no doubt...if you get to the Bowl and lose, your hope is that you can get back again the following year...a losing season only means a higher draft pick..

You dont always get back....Ask poor Dan.

Well as for this season since I have no fate what so ever in Gus Frerotte or A.J. Stupid to take us anywhere pass mediocre as long as they are behind center I hope for a miserable season that leads us all the way to the #1 pick next year where we can select Matt Lienart, a QB that might actaully be able to take us to that Superbowl one day.

Then again on the other hand if 49ers elect to take Rodgers and SD decides to trade Rivers to us or we select Frye later in the draft or even if my boy Sage Rosenfels gets to start this year then I'm all for the Superbowl loss!

Back
Top Bottom