Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
These are both crappy feelings,but what is your opinion of the worst
feeling?It may take a few old timers to help with this.Whats the
worst feeling :losing season or getting all the way to the Super
Bowl and losing?

definately a losing season, i experienced my first a FinFan last season and it was a terrible feeling.

Was that how you felt after the 84' loss?

Namor said:
These are both crappy feelings,but what is your opinion of the worst
feeling?It may take a few old timers to help with this.Whats the
worst feeling :losing season or getting all the way to the Super
Bowl and losing?

I know we make fun of the Bills on here a lot for losing 4 SB's in a row, but the truth is I would rather go to 4 in row and loose, than no go at all.

loosing the SB is a really really bad feeling.

a loosing season, you know you will have a loosing season half way through the season. so you prepare youself and know next year you will do better.

after a SB loss, you thaught you had a great team and that still wasnt enouph. so you hope 1 or 2 FA signings will get you the SB win.

the SB loss is an unexpected loss, and alot harder to deal with.

but i guess i would rather be the 2nd best than the 2nd worst.

If you haven't ever watched Miami lose a Super Bowl ,you really can't
answer the question.

I think a losing season is worse! With a losing season you get disappointed all year! With a super bowl lose you have to assume that they would be winning most of the games they played to make it that far and that would mean a lot of good game or at least wins! To lose the super bowl would mean at least two wins in the playoffs and that can't be a bad thing!
So I'll take a Super Bowl lose oppose to a losing season!

Losing Season. Definitely.

I always watch the SB with a die-hard Bills fan and I know I wouldn't be able to live with his mockery.

Yep, I agree losing seasons sucks more. That means that at least 9 times I get drunk, mad and throw my #54 jersey under my bed until the next game.:D

let me compare it to something to help understand.

a loosing season is like getting beat up by a bully at school. it sucks, but a few min. later you get up and move on.

loosing a SB is like winning a fight, but then being kicked in the balls really really hard. you were doing good, but now your in more pain than you would have been if you had lost the fight in the first min.

Losing the superbowl is much worse. Being so close to a championship and watching it slip through your fingers. Going from 8-8 to 7-9, big whoop. You still know you're going nowhere.

I agree that the Super Bowl loss is a much worse feeling, however the reason we watch is to get those feelings of pain during losses and highs during wins.

You can't get the highs when your team is having a losing season. The lows are easier, but it sucks that the games don't seem as important. Last year was misereable, until I was finally convinced they had no chance. I actually enjoyed the end of the year and that Patriots game was awesome.

In summary, I will take the horrifying Super Bowl losses anytime over a mundane losing season.

Namor said:
If you haven't ever watched Miami lose a Super Bowl ,you really can't
answer the question.
I agree, I was much more hurt after the 84 loss and then the 85 loss in the flipping Orange Bowl to NE in the Championships than this losing season, I knew it wasa losing affair half way through, and hoped for better this year.

Looking back actually the hardest loss was the 85 loss to NE in the OB, hadn't lost to them in the OB, no team had won 3 on the road in the playoffs, and we had already beaten the Bears, damn Super Bowl Shuffle will haunt me for life.

No doubt in my mind. Losing the Superbowl.

A losing season means nothing anymore, two years removed and you could be in the Superbowl. But, ask Dan if the opprotunity to go to the big dance happens often enough.

Back
Top Bottom