Losman a Disappointment so far? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman a Disappointment so far?

I haven't heard much about Losman,,,,doesn't he have a goofy delivery. :D

Where did this notion of a goofy delivery ever come from? Phil Rivers has a goofy delivery. As far as arm position is concerned Losman's delivery is textbook perfect. If you want to criticize him, say he had happy feet in college, or say he threw off the back foot sometimes, or say he held on to the ball too long sometimes. The player Losman resembles as far as his form, and the quickness of his release is a fellow named Dan Marino. No, I'm not saying he's another Dan Marino, but when he plants and delivers that's what his throwing motion looks like. Did Marino have a goofy delivery?

I have no idea where all this Losman-bashing is coming from other than jealousy. Seriously. This kid looks good and has a crap load of potential. Now it is the NFL, and nothing is guaranteed, but I'd wait a bit before trashing this kid.

Everyone has their opinion on how good Losman is doing. Who cares how he does right now (good or bad), Im more worried about how he does during the season.

Its way too soon to be saying anything about anyone. :cooldude:

Dirtywater said:
I have no idea where all this Losman-bashing is coming from other than jealousy. Seriously. This kid looks good and has a crap load of potential. Now it is the NFL, and nothing is guaranteed, but I'd wait a bit before trashing this kid.

5 pass attempts 3 comps and 1 INT=(career)=(Rookie) No Dolphin fan is afraid of the Bills QB potential..:shakeno:
He is going to be ragged until he proves us wrong..He doesnt have the O-Line to protect him period. Sure the Bills have fast recievers, How is he (Losman) going to have time to deliver??? Last year he sat on the sidelines watching football not playing-- HUGE difference!! This year they dont have a choice , time to throw him to the wolves and find out,, Im not worried..Potential all Potential at this point.:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Lets go Burpaload, Lets go Burpaload,:roflmao:

Those were bad habits he learned from Drew.

Gotta love this comment.
36_1_21-1.gif

Last season, the Bills only put Losman into the games at garbage time. He wasn't supposed to impress. He was supposed to not give up a big turnover and to play conservative. It was mainly about giving him a few snaps so that this coming season when they expected he would start, it wouldn't be his first time under certer in the regular season. It would also give him an inkling of the speed of the pro game and the things he needed to work on in the offseason. With his injury a year ago the Bills knew he wasn't ready for anything more than that. His stats of 3 out of 5 with 1 int. mean nothing. It was too small a sample. Had he completed 5 out of 5, or had 5 interceptions, it would still have been meaningless.

The taste it gave him was apparently enough to light a fire under him to prepare in the offseason because he's been one of the most dedicated Bills in the offseason program. He has the physical talent and measurables. He has the intelligence. He has the dedication. Obviously, until he starts a regular season game, probably more than one, the Bills won't know if he can put it all together on the field. Other QBs who looked like they had it all have flopped. But to this point Bills brass, Bills players, and Bills fans like what they see a lot. That's about all we can ask for.

OK everyone knows that I hate Buffalo :fire:
But I think Losman hasn't had enough time to prove or disprove his place on the team yet, he hasnt been on the field long enough to judge him fairly good or bad..The problem I have is everyone( Bills brass, Bills players, and Bills fans). seems to be putting him on a trophy shelf for what he did in school, It cant be for what they saw on the field. I hope Brown is going to be awsome for us but who knows, if he played for us last year and was like 5 attempts for 12 yards and 1 fummble and then got hurt for the rest of the year I wouldnt be pummping him up like he was going to shock the NFL this year..I would be worried.
Losman has potential, but he has to prove it to the Bills and the rest on the NFL this year..there is a thread about ("Who will be better Brown or McGayhee") I think it should be who will help improve their team the most Brown or Losman on offence!! They are about even-- all potential..I cant wait to play you guys to see where we stand. :cooldude:

BBsuck said:
OK everyone knows that I hate Buffalo :fire:
But I think Losman hasn't had enough time to prove or disprove his place on the team yet, he hasnt been on the field long enough to judge him fairly good or bad..The problem I have is everyone( Bills brass, Bills players, and Bills fans). seems to be putting him on a trophy shelf for what he did in school, It cant be for what they saw on the field. I hope Brown is going to be awsome for us but who knows, if he played for us last year and was like 5 attempts for 12 yards and 1 fummble and then got hurt for the rest of the year I wouldnt be pummping him up like he was going to shock the NFL this year..I would be worried.
Losman has potential, but he has to prove it to the Bills and the rest on the NFL this year..there is a thread about ("Who will be better Brown or McGayhee") I think it should be who will help improve their team the most Brown or Losman on offence!! They are about even-- all potential..I cant wait to play you guys to see where we stand. :cooldude:

Actually, other QBs have had better numbers in school. Tulane was plagued by a terrible offensive line, so Losman spent a lot of time running for his life. I think Tulane used a lot of shotgun formation to try andgive Losman an extra second to survey the field before the thundering horde of defensive linemen got through. Losman learned to throw on the run and was fairly effective at it. He also developed a bad habit or two, often throwing off his back foot. Fortunately, he has a strong enough arm that he got away with bad footwork. While Losman did not rack up lots of yardage, he did have an excellent TD/interception ration.

However, the things Buffalo liked about Losman were his outstanding arm strength and athleticism, his attitude, his accuracy, and glowing recommendations from his college coaching staff.

You are right in that it's all about potential at this point. Curious that you should mention Ronnie Brown. I think he is very much in the same boat as Losman, though he's a rookie. Brown shared the ball a lot with Cadillac Williams, who was the more celebrated RB at Alabama. Brown has all kinds of potential, a great size/speed combo, receiving and blocking ability, but because he split time with Carnell Williams, he didn't have the gaudy numbers you might expect from a #2 overall draft choice. I haven't followed closely what's going on in Miami, but my guess is that fans and Miami coaching staff are all gushing about Ronnie Brown.

One reason we hear a lot of this stuff is because we've got over two months before training camp begins. We're all starved for team news. Little blurbs about how players are doing get blown out of proportion as we hang on every bit of team news we hear. It's not going to get any better for a while yet.

The initial comment is somewhat misleading. During the 1st day of camp it was reported by numerous sources that Losman was off target on a number of throws. But the next 2 days of camp he was extremely sharp and completed most of his passes besides already knowing the playbook inside and out.

So....until he plays the jury is still out on him.

Marino1983 said:
Because R Brown was / IS the best rb in the draft!!!!
And how could you talk smack about Brown? What guy did your jills take that would even come close to comparing Ronnie's talent???
"He said one win better, big deal. That's his opinion. I say two wins better, three at the most" My point was that he had the goats's improving to a possible 3 games this season and the Phins maybe one game!!!
It might help if you learn to read the entire post....

Marino1983

Cedric Benson will be the best RB in the draft... but then again... that's my OPINION.

Ronnie Brown was drafted higher based on combine workouts... which is sad really. The guy couldn't even start on his college team. <--That's how you talk smack about Ronnie Brown.

BBsuck said:
5 pass attempts 3 comps and 1 INT=(career)=(Rookie) No Dolphin fan is afraid of the Bills QB potential..:shakeno:

let's review Rothlesburger's first 5 attempts...

3 for 5 and one INT 1 sack . sound familiar?

Let's check out his first 5 attempts in his first start meaning, he's had a whole week to practice w/ the 1st team....

3 for 5 and 1 INT ....again!

Although I'm not saying JP is the next Ben, those stats you pulled out don't mean squat but nice try though.

Justasportsfan said:
let's review Rothlesburger's first 5 attempts...

3 for 5 and one INT 1 sack . sound familiar?

Let's check out his first 5 attempts in his first start meaning, he's had a whole week to practice w/ the 1st team....

3 for 5 and 1 INT ....again!

Although I'm not saying JP is the next Ben, those stats you pulled out don't mean squat but nice try though.

So if Ben went 3 for 5 and 1 INT-(Once)=(Total) then got injured and stayed on the bench watching football for the rest of the season I am sure you would be putting Ben on a shelf also boasting about Big Bens potential..I dont think so.:shakeno:
Losman just may be your next Jim Kelly..He has to prove it to me first, then Ill give Losman credit..He has done nothing for the Bills!! thats all he's proved to me so far. He will have plenty of chances to either win or lose fans this year or gain respect. It's getting close..

BBsuck said:
RONNIE BROWN(Losman) just may be your next LARRY CZONKA(Jim Kelly)..He has to prove it to me first, then Ill give RONNIE(Losman) credit..He has done nothing for the DOLPHINS(Bills)!! thats all he's proved to me so far. He will have plenty of chances to either win or lose fans this year or gain respect. It's getting close..

:evil: :fire: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom