Losman's potential | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman's potential

Losman7 said:
Why is it that so many of you firmly believe that Losman will :

a) suck

b) be a career backup

c) be good, but not great.

Also, why are many of you under the impressin that he has a weak arm or is inaccurate?

The fact of the matter is coming out of college he was definitely over hyped just cause he can run and throw the bomb. The guy is very inaccurate and played at a weak school in Tulane, Hes about half the qb ramsey was coming out and thats not saying much. You'll be very disappointed in him in his first season but if you give him time and let him develop he could pan out...but hes not gonna be a star in his first 2-3 years

Buddwalk said:
The fact of the matter is coming out of college he was definitely over hyped just cause he can run and throw the bomb. The guy is very inaccurate and played at a weak school in Tulane, Hes about half the qb ramsey was coming out and thats not saying much. You'll be very disappointed in him in his first season but if you give him time and let him develop he could pan out...but hes not gonna be a star in his first 2-3 years
Thanks for letting us know, god.

Buddwalk said:

Lets take a look at just how little you actually know:

Losmans two years as a starter : 5535 yrds, 52 TD's 24 INT's

Ramsey two years as a starter : 6200 yrds, 49 TD's 38 INT's

They both had completion %'s of around 59%

Clearly Losman is a better QB than Ramsey.

Just for fun, AJ Feeley as a starter (one year): 1900 yds 14 TD's 6 INT's and
a 52% completion percentage. (which in the WCO should be higher, none of the passes go over 10 yds)

Buddwalk said:
Half the QB Ramsey was?:goof:

He will do a good job this year, I dont see why I am going to be disapointed, and he is going to turn out to be a VERY good QB in the NFL

Well, I just don't like him because he's from Tulane.

...and I go to LSU.

LSU_Champ_small1-1.jpg

You should all be loving it, whether you hate Losman or not. The guy will provide instant entertainment and may be one of those rare personalities you either do love, or love to hate, and that add so much more to this great game than just play on the field.

Then on the other hand he could be a bust , or maybe at best not amount to anything much. Time will tell, but quoting T. Spikes here, "If he does fail, it won't be from lack of trying".

It will be interesting to say the least.

I'd personally rather have Losman than Paytons wiener of a little brother. And I'll bet most of you on this board would as well. He's a working class, hard nose guy, who's work ethic so far is setting the bar for rookies and many vets on the Bills team.

I think JustPunt has a ton of potential, the next Bret Favre is a stretch but he could be a very good quarterback. What the Bills fans will realize soon enough is that it will take time. This year, Losman is going to be hit, pounded, sacked, intercepted and beat in critical games. That says nothing of his future, just the undeniable fact that he is a rookie and this year is going to be rough on Bills fans.

PassRush said:
I think JustPunt has a ton of potential, the next Bret Favre is a stretch but he could be a very good quarterback. What the Bills fans will realize soon enough is that it will take time. This year, Losman is going to be hit, pounded, sacked, intercepted and beat in critical games. That says nothing of his future, just the undeniable fact that he is a rookie and this year is going to be rough on Bills fans.
Losman7 said:
Lets take a look at just how little you actually know:

Losmans two years as a starter : 5535 yrds, 52 TD's 24 INT's

Ramsey two years as a starter : 6200 yrds, 49 TD's 38 INT's

They both had completion %'s of around 59%

Clearly Losman is a better QB than Ramsey.

Just for fun, AJ Feeley as a starter (one year): 1900 yds 14 TD's 6 INT's and
a 52% completion percentage. (which in the WCO should be higher, none of the passes go over 10 yds)

Passrush has no answer huh?

:0wned:

I think it was Buddwalk that made the Ramsey reference, but Passrush, hasn't got an answer for anything either.

PassRush said:

Agreed PassRush, he will take a pounding,will be running for his life, and will end up on the bottom of the pile at times. He'll throw interceptions and generaly f-up durring critical moments.

If he keeps his composure and if in the end the plus side of the scale obviously outweighs the negatives, and if, now and then, he pulls one of those plays out of the hat that are worth the price of admission by themselves, I think he will eventually be a success.

Until then all these trials and knock downs any player faces tend to seperate the men from the boys, and that test is what I think people are waiting on for him.
Hopefully he will be a success, as well as rookies like Miami's Brown, etc. This only adds to the quality and prestige of our division.

Iroquois Joe said:
Agreed PassRush, he will take a pounding,will be running for his life, and will end up on the bottom of the pile at times. He'll throw interceptions and generaly f-up durring critical moments.
You are off topic. The thread is about Losman and not Feeley. :mad:

Nobody has any idea what type of starting QB Losman will be. Talking about potential, at the QB position, is fruitless.
There have been so many busts at the QB spot that were 1st round draft picks.

We have no idea if this is Akili Smith or Otto Graham.

Justasportsfan said:
You are off topic. The thread is about Losman and not Feeley. :mad:
Listen up clown, I'm a Bills fan 1st, and I'm trying to have a legit disscussion here.
Until you prove yourself otherwise, I'll just consider anything you've got to say as the typical in your face kind of nonsense one expects from a 16 year old. The kind of response which only purpose is to annoy.

How do they allow you to continue posting here, 11,00 plus, if this is an example of what your about?

Iroquois Joe said:
Listen up clown, I'm a Bills fan 1st, and I'm trying to have a legit disscussion here.
Until you prove yourself otherwise, I'll just consider anything you've got to say as the typical in your face kind of nonsense one expects from a 16 year old. The kind of response which only purpose is to annoy.

How do they allow you to continue posting here, 11,00 plus, if this is an example of what your about?
Wow, relax.I knew you were a bills fan. I was just throwing some humor in there. Geez. Some people can't take a joke. I have this much posts because I do have a sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom