Losman's potential

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Why is it that so many of you firmly believe that Losman will :

a) suck

b) be a career backup

c) be good, but not great.

Also, why are many of you under the impressin that he has a weak arm or is inaccurate?

The way i see it, he was all hype in college because he can run well and throw some bullets. He is also too damn ****y to be a leader for a team to my understandings. IMO, Losmon is going to be a major dissapointment to the Bills organization.

PhinDude88 said:
The way i see it, he was all hype in college because he can run well and throw some bullets. He is also too damn ****y to be a leader for a team to my understandings. IMO, Losmon is going to be a major dissapointment to the Bills organization.

He's not ****y, he has confidence in his game:

I don't understand, why would you not want your QB to think he's the best player on the field?

Do you think Dan marino was a humble man? He was ****y as hell.

I have no problem with my QB thinking he is better than the other guy.

i dont say anything about losman failing or anything. until i see him play a game, my opinion is he's got potential to help his team. everyone in the league has potential to help his team.

PhinDude88 said:

Is this a bad thing? Stop saying he is ****y, because he's not, he just believes he will do well.

Most people who think he is ****y only know about JP because they watched the '04 draft.

People who say he has a weak arm or immobile (wow) or that he would be good, but not great are stupid. I can guarantee that the brunt of people saying this have no damn clue about JP. The real reason behind those comments are because the fin fans want him to fail. They know nothing about them besides what they make themselves think.

I'm not saying JP is going to be the best qb of all time (never know), but don't post crap you obviously have no idea about, or can back up in the slightest.

Phindude what you posted is a perfect example. You think Losman is going to be a major disappointment? Based on what? Oh I know, based on you hating the bills. Real good.

Wagon Circler said:
Is this a bad thing? Stop saying he is ****y, because he's not, he just believes he will do well.

Most people who think he is ****y only know about JP because they watched the '04 draft.

People who say he has a weak arm or immobile (wow) or that he would be good, but not great are stupid. I can guarantee that the brunt of people saying this have no damn clue about JP. The real reason behind those comments are because the fin fans want him to fail. They know nothing about them besides what they make themselves think.

I'm not saying JP is going to be the best qb of all time (never know), but don't post crap you obviously have no idea about, or can back up in the slightest.

Phindude what you posted is a perfect example. You think Losman is going to be a major disappointment? Based on what? Oh I know, based on you hating the bills. Real good.

Isnt people allowed to title their own opinion? Me saying that Losman will fail is the samething as you saying that Feeley or Saban will fail.

From what i have seen of him and read something about scouts, he is just a hyped player. The only way that we can stop this discussion will be for him to start in a game and prove what he can/cant do.

Personally I don't have as bad as opinion about Losman as most here. I think he ranked favorably to Rodgers this year with both having some different skills. My main knock on Losman is that I question his passing skills. He has the arm but he didn't complete barely 60% in college at Tulane scares me. In his 2 years as starter at Tulane he threw 52 Td's and 24 picks. As far as being mobile he is in the pocket but he is not a running Qb as some make him out to be. 99 yards in 2 years as a starter is nothing. He has a good NFL body at 6'3 220 and should be able to handle the beating of a whole season and score TD's at the goaline when needed. He has most of the skills to be a good QB in the NFL but only time will tell.. I will know alot more after he takes all the snaps for 16 games.

PhinDude88 said:
Isnt people allowed to title their own opinion? Me saying that Losman will fail is the samething as you saying that Feeley or Saban will fail.

From what i have seen of him and read something about scouts, he is just a hyped player. The only way that we can stop this discussion will be for him to start in a game and prove what he can/cant do.

Nice try, but no. Feeley and Gus have been in the league a while now and we know what to expect from them. Saban, who knows? Even though I totally disagree with that statement, I never said either of them would fail. They qb's you have just aren't any good.

He's just a hyped player? So, you are saying he will fail because he gets good reviews? Nice. Stop trying to defend you clear lack of facts, or stop masking what you truly are saying. You want him to fail, plain and simple. You know next to nothing about him, and it's obvious. Just do us all a favor and admit it.

It's fine to have your own opinion, but at least have something credible to back it up.

GreenMonster said:
Personally I don't have as bad as opinion about Losman as most here. I think he ranked favorably to Rodgers this year with both having some different skills. My main knock on Losman is that I question his passing skills. He has the arm but he didn't complete barely 60% in college at Tulane scares me. In his 2 years as starter at Tulane he threw 52 Td's and 24 picks. As far as being mobile he is in the pocket but he is not a running Qb as some make him out to be. 99 yards in 2 years as a starter is nothing. He has a good NFL body at 6'3 220 and should be able to handle the beating of a whole season and score TD's at the goaline when needed. He has most of the skills to be a good QB in the NFL but only time will tell.. I will know alot more after he takes all the snaps for 16 games.
I wouldn't look into the completion percentage stat too in depth. You have to remember, he played for Tulane.

Wagon Circler said:
Nice try, but no. Feeley and Gus have been in the league a while now and we know what to expect from them. Saban, who knows? Even though I totally disagree with that statement, I never said either of them would fail. They qb's you have just aren't any good.

He's just a hyped player? So, you are saying he will fail because he gets good reviews? Nice. Stop trying to defend you clear lack of facts, or stop masking what you truly are saying. You want him to fail, plain and simple. You know next to nothing about him, and it's obvious. Just do us all a favor and admit it.

It's fine to have your own opinion, but at least have something credible to back it up.

Yes i want him to fail. Just like how you want Saban to fail. We both know that we want each team to fail because we are rivals.

I do however remembering reading from some scouts that JP is a hype player. But i guess we will find out during this season if he is or not.

Wow. JP, is NOT ****y, he is confident. He has been in Buffalo since February working out and working with the coaches, and I dont think he has left. He is very dedicated and he wants to win and has confidence in himself, I dont call that ****y. He is ready to lead this team and he will become a very good QB

PhinDude88 said:
Yes i want him to fail. Just like how you want Saban to fail. We both know that we want each team to fail because we are rivals.

I do however remembering reading from some scouts that JP is a hype player. But i guess we will find out during this season if he is or not.

I don't want anybody to fail, I just don't want him to do as well as the bills.

I'm proud of you for admitting you don't know much about Losman.

I think he is more ready to go then ever and I think he can be a real great QB but the feeling I get from him is another Rob Johnson................. I can already feel the people waiting to rip me on this thats why im saying I have a feeling about it. I do think he has the potential he looks good but this is just my feeling that he will be an underachieving injury prone QB that the Bills regret drafting. You can quote me if you want.

Wagon Circler said:
I wouldn't look into the completion percentage stat too in depth. You have to remember, he played for Tulane.

Thats what scares me about him.. He couldn't even really dominate the guys at Tulane or the rest of the conference.. Most small school QB's have lopsided stats like Alex Smith, or Omar Jacobs. Nobody has seen enough of him in the NFL to see how he fares but the fact he didn't dominate scares me.

I think the main point is that nobody really knows what he is going to do until he steps on that field.

Does he have the arm strength to make all the throws? Yes
Does he measure up athleticaly? Yes
Is he putting in the time in the offseason to be in the best posistion to be successful? Yes
Were his college #'s great? No (decent but not great)
Do I think college #'s matter? No (if they did Danny Wuerfel would have been the greatest OB of all time)

Personaly I think the Kid is going to turn out to be a pretty good NFL QB. Do I think he is the next John Elway or Brett Farve? Most Likely not. The reason I think he will be good is b/c I have never seen a QB put more time in in the offseason as this kid has. He lives in Buffalo and since the first week in Feb he has been working w/ the Bills coaches 6 days a week non stop and he will continue to do this all the way up to training camp. It's this willingness to learn that I think sets him apart. So if he does fail it won't be for lack of trying.

Back
Top Bottom