Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

mohammer

Active Roster
Reaction score
The loss vs Cincy hurt. It hurt bad. Losing a game where you were up 3 scores on the road in the 2nd half, hurts. But one thing is for sure. The loss was NOT Tannehill’s fault.

http://www.finatics.com/144-loss-to-cincy-hurt-but-wasn-t-tannehill-s-fault

Is it just me or does any other fins fan get really upset when you see a bottom dwelling team turns it around and becomes champion or simply just better team ? It wasn't too long ago when the Rams were a terrible team but look at them now. Same for the Iggles, we even helped them a little bit. OMG ! are the Browns going to win the superbowl before our dolphins get better !

In my life time as a fan of this team, we have had two rebuilding years; once in the 90s under Jimmah and the Sporano lead team. The other times are just "retooling". My point is we never go all out to rebuild. Players always get traded, coaches get sacked and GM too. The saddest part about that is the coaches come in cut players so they can get "their" players or "his system fit " Adam players. Once they did, at least, for us it never works. Because they are forgetting one main ingredient to winning is continuity. For me as a Dolphins fan, Adam Gase from hire to now has never got me excited. His hire was a mistake by any standard, moreover; he has gotten rid of two many players for stupid reasons.

I saw that on phins.com earlier didn't even bother to read. Tannehill has played what 75+ games and he still cant put the team on his shoulders. There are other moving parts to the offense we all get that, but it ultimately falls on the QB on the field of play.

Nah this was two weeks of a team playing like ass. It's Tannehill's fault. It's Gase's fault. It's a collective effort. I think it just hits home more when a team goes to 3-0 and gives you a glimmer of hope and then reminds you of how deficiently average they really are. It will be fine once the off-season gets here.

I have supported Tannehill but I'm done waiting. I believe Tannehill is capable of having good games. He'll make some great throws for you but the problem still remains, he doesn't have "it". He doesn't take over games. He still have problems buying time in the pocket. If the play is there from the start he can make the throws. He has a great arm and he's a hard worker he tries his best. For that I give him credit but I have to face the facts and the fact is that we're not going to win with him.

To make it all worse, our FO/HC gave him a contract that we can not get out of till the 2020 season and even then it'll cost us 5.56mill on dead money but that's better than the 13mill it'd cost us to get rid of him after this season so expect him to be on the team for the 2019 season unless some crazy team trades for him.

Love how it’s not Tannehills fault but it’s the HC fault. Tannehill is a coach killer.

Of course it's not his fault...he can't be to blame for not being what we need under center....with the 7 points he directed for a TD and the 3 points he directed for a FG.... in the first half (before folding) I believe he did the absolute best he can do :pbj::hclap:

He is what he is....it's what he's not that is the problem...and he is not a QB that can put the team on his back and win...he is not a QB that can overcome adversity...he is not anything more than a JAG.....Kudos to him for getting to this level and playing his best....but his best isn't good enough for him to be a winner... not on this team... not for this fan....but that's not his fault...he tries :wink

Both turnovers in the 4th quarter were freak turnovers. Gase knows it. The int wasn't your typical int, and the fumble wasn't a typical fumble. When you're leading in the fourth qtr you protect the ball better than that. Ryan knows that.

We do need better production on offense no doubt. Our defense shut down the Bengals. I like how scrappy our defense is playing.

Back
Top Bottom