Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

It's not just Tannehill's fault, he shares a good bit of blame. Gase's play calling shares a bunch. Roster construction does as well.

Good thing is road trip is done, Chicago is coming. We get to see what the team is made of... They don't need to win to show me. Cut the sloppy play. Bring the penalties down. Play tough.

Tannehill getting killed by the fan base for making 1 critical error on a broken play, Nate Burelson even said during haftime he is quietly having a good career and that all changes because of 1 stupid play, sure. He will bounce back against Chicago as well as the team, just like we bounced back against CIN until Tunsil got hurt. This team will make the playoffs because of Tannehill, and all of you fools will be proven wrong. Cincinnati is one of the best teams in the league, and we were missing the majority of our starting offensive line but it's all Tannehill's fault. How about Charles Harris not being able to make a play with an open path to the QB or Parker being out again, great picks FO. Meanwhile that idiot Ireland is flourishing in NO, what a smart and loyal fan base we have LOL!

The loss vs Cincy hurt. It hurt bad. Losing a game where you were up 3 scores on the road in the 2nd half, hurts. But one thing is for sure. The loss was NOT Tannehill’s fault.

http://www.finatics.com/144-loss-to-cincy-hurt-but-wasn-t-tannehill-s-fault

Is it just me or does any other fins fan get really upset when you see a bottom dwelling team turns it around and becomes champion or simply just better team ? It wasn't too long ago when the Rams were a terrible team but look at them now. Same for the Iggles, we even helped them a little bit. OMG ! are the Browns going to win the superbowl before our dolphins get better !

In my life time as a fan of this team, we have had two rebuilding years; once in the 90s under Jimmah and the Sporano lead team. The other times are just "retooling". My point is we never go all out to rebuild. Players always get traded, coaches get sacked and GM too. The saddest part about that is the coaches come in cut players so they can get "their" players or "his system fit " Adam players. Once they did, at least, for us it never works. Because they are forgetting one main ingredient to winning is continuity. For me as a Dolphins fan, Adam Gase from hire to now has never got me excited. His hire was a mistake by any standard, moreover; he has gotten rid of two many players for stupid reasons.

I don't like any reason (singular). Gase, Tannehill, OL, WRs, DEs, LBs, DBs, youth, injuries,. . . the fault lies with all of those. Anyone blaming any one group or person isn't watching what I'm watching.
How often is there a 'complete rebuild' in the NFL - GM down to players? And how often do those rebuilds result in a playoff team.

Tannehill getting killed by the fan base for making 1 critical error on a broken play, Nate Burelson even said during haftime he is quietly having a good career and that all changes because of 1 stupid play, sure. He will bounce back against Chicago as well as the team, just like we bounced back against CIN until Tunsil got hurt. This team will make the playoffs because of Tannehill, and all of you fools will be proven wrong. Cincinnati is one of the best teams in the league, and we were missing the majority of our starting offensive line but it's all Tannehill's fault. How about Charles Harris not being able to make a play with an open path to the QB or Parker being out again, great picks FO. Meanwhile that idiot Ireland is flourishing in NO, what a smart and loyal fan base we have LOL!

He’ll show you! He’ll show all of you!!

C’mon Ryan, show ‘em! Show em, Ryan! Come on!

:lol:

He’ll show you! He’ll show all of you!!

C’mon Ryan, show ‘em! Show em, Ryan! Come on!

:lol:

I'm sure half time had you a bit queasy huh, he won't be without the majority of his line every week. Gase knows what he has in RT, too bad the fan base isn't smart enough to realize that he isn't the problem, just like with Jeff Ireland (how bout those Saints!). We will make the playoffs (barring MORE catastrophic injuries like Tunsil and Wake last week) and the majority of this fan base will be exposed for the fools they are. At 3-2, we're right where we need to be, but we need Tunsil back because the oline is the real problem right now.

Last edited:
I'm sure half time had you a bit queasy huh, he won't be without the majority of his line every week. Gase knows what he has in RT, too bad the fan base isn't smart enough to realize that he isn't the problem, just like with Jeff Ireland (how bout those Saints!). We will make the playoffs (barring MORE catastrophic injuries like Tunsil and Wake last week) and the majority of this fan base will be exposed for the fools they are. At 3-2, we're right where we need to be.

I agree with your sentiment -- but I'll just say that unless the OL gets an infusion of talent, Miami won't make the playoffs. Even if RT17 miraculously manages to rate out at 90 or better with bottom 5th OL play. You have to be able to protect the interior pocket and run between the tackles in order to succeed at a high rate in the NFL. NO MATTER THE QB.

Which is why Aaron Rodgers has missed the playoffs the last couple years and flamed out when in playoffs... and why Brady has succeeded in postseason. Interior pocket play (protection) and running between tackles. NE gets this. Over and over and over again. And fixes it. Over and over.

Others refuse to even see this reality. And never fix it. Read: MIAMI. All coaches in last decade.

LD

RT hasn’t done anything in his 7yrs here to earn the benefit of doubt
Guys like Marino and Brady can be excused for hiccup games because they’ve bailed their teams out so many other times.

I agree with your sentiment -- but I'll just say that unless the OL gets an infusion of talent, Miami won't make the playoffs. Even if RT17 miraculously manages to rate out at 90 or better with bottom 5th OL play. You have to be able to protect the interior pocket and run between the tackles in order to succeed at a high rate in the NFL. NO MATTER THE QB.

Which is why Aaron Rodgers has missed the playoffs the last couple years and flamed out when in playoffs... and why Brady has succeeded in postseason. Interior pocket play (protection) and running between tackles. NE gets this. Over and over and over again. And fixes it. Over and over.

Others refuse to even see this reality. And never fix it. Read: MIAMI. All coaches in last decade.

LD

The oline was doing fine against a borderline elite dline on Sunday until the keytone piece in Tunsil got hurt. Even on RT's critical error guess who gives up the immediate pressure, Young. You may be right that this interior oline will prevent this team from the playoffs, that's entirely possible. But if this D can play the way it did for most of the game for the rest of the season, and RT doesn't make a critical error like that again, I like our chances. This team is an underrated defensive football team, the O just needs to not f*** up like they were doing in the first half against an excellent team imo but then it all fell apart coincidentally when Tunsil went out. We must play better complimentary football which we've shown to be capable of in the first 3 games, we must get Tunsil back and beat CHI, must win game.

Last edited:
I watched cut ups of those plays in Cincy. It wasnt as bad as the Sunday evening/Monday morning over reactions would lead you to believe as far as being all RT's fault and hes suddenly hot garbage.

Everyone played a part. Drake drop, Grant wrong route, stills slowed one play, MULTIPLE pass protection issues. And then Tannehill chimes in with his bizarre blunder at the end of the game due to said protection issues.

When Sam Young came in there was nothing any qb could do in that chaos.

The oline was doing fine against a borderline elite dline on Sunday until the keytone piece in Tunsil got hurt. Even on RT's critical error guess who gives up the immediate pressure, Young. You may be right that this interior oline will prevent this team from the playoffs, that's entirely possible. But if this D can play the way it did for most of the game for the rest of the season, and RT doesn't make a critical error like that again, I like our chances. This team is an underrated defensive football team, the O just needs to not f*** up like they were doing in the first half against an excellent team imo but then it all fell apart coincidentally when Tunsil went out. We must play better complimentary football which we've shown to be capable of in the first 3 games, we must get Tunsil back and beat CHI, must win game.

That's a good take.

I was iffy on this OL before Sunday... and Sunday just took the cake. Flashbacks of some of the worst-OL play in the league from Miami.

However, this team overall is a better team than in a long time. I'm bullish on the skill positions. We're just paper thin on talent. Key starters at any position go down and Miami's terrible drafts get exposed.

LD

Nate Burelson even said during haftime he is quietly having a good career

nate who? he's right though, it's one helluva quiet career. 7 years and hasn't appeared in a playoff game. who would have signed up for that on draft day 2012?

We've been mired in purgatory waiting for him to become something he will not. It would have been better if he were just an outright bust because then we could have moved on after 2-3 years. Instead we wasted 7 years waiting for just average QB play. It's time to rip the bandaid off in the offseason.

That danger was there when we drafted him. That's why I didn't want him, because from his resume and age and skill set it looked like an ultimate example of a player who could never be great but we would waste time pretending otherwise. I proposed 12th in the league as his upside before we ever made the pick.

roy_miami said it best a couple of years ago, that Tannehill would waste away a full decade of our football rooting lives. At my age nearing 60 I don't have many decades remaining so it's been exasperating beyond description to watch a franchise that made one sharp move after another during my youth to be stuck with this type of regulating stupidity year after year.

And it is far from over. No chance. I refuse to believe Ryan Tannehill will cooperate and merely have a long stretch of inept games like the last two, forcing a divorce by Gase and the front office big shots. No, the Ryan Tannehill types stick around and tease as long as you allow it. We were at this consensus if not lower at the same point in 2016. But Tannehill is not a Crap quarterback. He is Crowd...agonizing Crowd. The apologist posters here who were silent and staying away at this period in 2016 eventually had another stretch of adjuster glory, taunting the rest of us as if we were the dense ones, failing to recognize that all we had to do was wait, wait and wait some more.

It will play out that way again, perhaps as early as Sunday evening.

Until I see 17 win a game against all odds like really good, not just great QBs, I can't defend him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom