Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

I am firmly on Tannehill’s bandwagon but we lost a few members these last two weeks.

This site is almost as bad as democrats vs republicans when it comes to our QB.

Our side of the aisle loses credibility when we say this wasn’t Tannehill’s fault.

OMG!!!! Not his Fault?? In what universe where Tannehill throws two interceptions that are returned for tds and fumbles another that results in a TD, that it isn't his fault?

Until I see 17 win a game against all odds like really good, not just great QBs, I can't defend him anymore.
The closest I’ve seen that of Tannehill was against the Rams when Miami won 14-10. If he could do that 2-3 times a year, just manage the game 6-8 times with only 2-3 bad games he’d be serviceable.

Both turnovers in the 4th quarter were freak turnovers. Gase knows it. The int wasn't your typical int, and the fumble wasn't a typical fumble. When you're leading in the fourth qtr you protect the ball better than that. Ryan knows that.

We do need better production on offense no doubt. Our defense shut down the Bengals. I like how scrappy our defense is playing.
Couldn't agree more with this. Tannehill needs to protect the ball better in that situation, but our line can't put him in those situations either. Our whole offense has to play better, starting with Tannehill (and he'll admit it). While I agree, we need to start looking for the replacement QB starting this offseason, I'm going to root for Tannehill until he's no longer our QB.

Dolphins......mount up!!!

The closest I’ve seen that of Tannehill was against the Rams when Miami won 14-10. If he could do that 2-3 times a year, just manage the game 6-8 times with only 2-3 bad games he’d be serviceable.

Good call. I forgot about that one. Devante Parker was his guy on those last 2 drives, too. DVP is another story all together. It's crazy that was Tanny's game. He won that one. He was dreadful the entire game besides the last 2 drives too.

Also that was Jared Goff's first start too. That just hurts my head to think about.

All I have to say at this point, after being a fan since 1981 and watching with Sunday Ticket since 1997...you can’t suceed with a QB who surprises you with a good play every now and then.

And that’s what it has become with Tannehill. Sure, he hit Stills on that beautiful deep ball against the Titans. Yeah, he flipped it to Albert Wilson. The big plays are so rare that you don’t expect to ever see them. Just converting on 3rd down every now and then feels like an accomplishment.

It’s over. The Dolphins have to move on from a Tannehill.

Geno Atkins was ragdolling the backups at O-line. It was sad. Tannehill isn't top tier and routinely goes back to piss-poor decisions, but even Drew Brees would get murdered behind this line.

Good call. I forgot about that one. Devante Parker was his guy on those last 2 drives, too. DVP is another story all together. It's crazy that was Tanny's game. He won that one. He was dreadful the entire game besides the last 2 drives too.

Also that was Jared Goff's first start too. That just hurts my head to think about.
Yeah Goff has made huge strides since then. He ‘d shred Miami’s defense now.

What was the Rams record that year? I bet my life they were not close to being a playoff team. Forget it, I just looked it up, they were 4-12. Another struggle against a terrible team, where the defense played well.

Correct the offense was horrible most of the day. Just like now.

Don’t forget his dropped near pick 6 in the first half. He could have had the trifecta very easily

No, they want to give him the swing pass to Drake for a touchdown while ignoring the dropped interception.

Actually the same Bengal defensive back dropped another interception not much later...a more difficult catch but hardly outlandish

...But one thing is for sure. The loss was NOT Tannehill's fault.

I know, right? The guy has yet to **** up once in 7 years, and now all of the sudden it's his fault? How about we surround him with the same kind of excellence he brings to the table before we pass judgement. For ***** sake...

Nah this was two weeks of a team playing like ***. It's Tannehill's fault. It's Gase's fault. It's a collective effort. I think it just hits home more when a team goes to 3-0 and gives you a glimmer of hope and then reminds you of how deficiently average they really are. It will be fine once the off-season gets here.
But if you look closely at the 3-0 it really wasn’t much offense. Take the short fields and gimmick plays away and you have pizza crumbs left.

Back
Top Bottom