Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

Bulls***, the Pats game was a complete team loss and he made 1 critical error in the Bengals game. He will learn from it and improve, the team will play great against Chi and our stupid fans will think it's a fluke like the first 3 weeks, as opposed to the last 2 lol.
He made three critical errors in the Bengals game:

1) The ping pong interception (no sense of when to eat the sack or throw it away)
2) The fumble when he was hit in the pocket (no pocket awareness)
3) Not running for it on 3rd and one when he had daylight ahead. (Throwing an uncatchable pass)

If any one of those three things don't happen, we win the game.

I'm ready to start Brock just because. I don't think he's any better, but I also don't think he's any worse.
Gase will never start Osweiler unless Tanny gets hurt. And..I'm all for Osweiler never starting a game. Tanny may be inconsistent but Osweiler sucks.

He made three critical errors in the Bengals game:

1) The ping pong interception (no sense of when to eat the sack or throw it away)
2) The fumble when he was hit in the pocket (no pocket awareness)
3) Not running for it on 3rd and one when he had daylight ahead. (Throwing an uncatchable pass)

If any one of those three things don't happen, we win the game.

3. More B****** lol, no where to run at all on the 3rd and 1 ("daylight" lmfao), he would have been killed if he tried. First down was at 36 with 2 defenders there. Bad play call by Gase, accept the truth.

2. IT WAS 3rd AND 17 DOWN 3 AND HE WAS CHASED OUT OF THE POCKET! and there was no play to be made other than the one he attempted (James got blew up before play could develop at 7:15 mark in video)

The fact you say if that "didn't happen" we win the game shows how biased and unfair you and most Tannehill haters are. 2 of your 3 points are complete jokes in truth, but I know truth is irrelevant with many or most people.

He made 1 critical error which cost us the game, he knows it and I know it. That's all it takes sometimes in a close game (without most of your oline), and naturally our pathetic fan base is killing him for the single critical mistake.

Last edited:

3. More B****** lol, no where to run at all on the 3rd and 1 ("daylight" lmfao), he would have been killed if he tried. First down was at 36 with 2 defenders there. Bad play call by Gase, accept the truth.

2. IT WAS 3rd AND 17 DOWN 3 AND HE WAS CHASED OUT OF THE POCKET! and there was no play to be made other than the one he attempted (James got blew up before play could develop at 7:15 mark in video)

The fact you say if that "didn't happen" we win the game shows how biased and unfair you and most Tannehill haters are. 2 of your 3 points are complete jokes in truth, but I know truth is irrelevant with many or most people.

He made 1 critical error which cost us the game, he knows it and I know it. That's all it takes sometimes in a close game (without most of your oline), and naturally our pathetic fan base is killing him for the single critical mistake.

Our pathetic fanbase? No one is going to roast Tannehill for 1 play or 1 mistake if we are/he is doing other things well consistently. But we aren't. Our offense sucks.

The fans are just fed up and I don't think that makes us pathetic. What's pathetic is the scapegoating and the idea that this is all over 1 play. Good teams miss 3rd and 1, it happens, and the fans don't cry about it. But our fan base is reacting from an accumulation of "not good enough". Everyone can decide for themselves where to place the blame but our fanbase is not pathetic.

Our pathetic fanbase? No one is going to roast Tannehill for 1 play or 1 mistake if we are/he is doing other things well consistently. But we aren't. Our offense sucks.

The fans are just fed up and I don't think that makes us pathetic. What's pathetic is the scapegoating and the idea that this is all over 1 play. Good teams miss 3rd and 1, it happens, and the fans don't cry about it. But our fan base is reacting from an accumulation of "not good enough". Everyone can decide for themselves where to place the blame but our fanbase is not pathetic.

The turnover Tannehill made cost us the game, that 1 play was huge and you (should) know it. In the first half RT was outplaying Dalton because of Dalton's 1 mistake, that's how the game works. And our fan base does suck, I guess pathetic is a bit strong, fair weathered and bandwagon is much more appropriate. Have you seen the difference between a place like M&T Bank stadium when the team is struggling and Hard Rock stadium? I have, stark contrasts and that's just the stadiums, this is not a good NFL fan base as a whole at least compared to most others.

And no the fan base is not reacting to our sucky offense they are reacting to the L that Tannehill is largely responsible for. Wins and losses are what carry weight, not bad performances by 1 side of the ball, they get overlooked after a big W. And no fan base as a whole hates their starting QB more than ours, that IS pathetic.

Last edited:
The turnover Tannehill made cost us the game, that 1 play was huge and you (should) know it. In the first half RT was outplaying Dalton because of Dalton's 1 mistake, that's how the game works. And our fan base does suck, I guess pathetic is a bit strong, fair weathered and bandwagon is much more appropriate. Have you seen the difference between a place like M&T Bank stadium when the team is struggling and Hard Rock stadium? I have, stark contrasts and that's just the stadiums, this is not a good NFL fan base as a whole at least compared to most others.

And no the fan base is reacting to our sucky offense they are reacting to the L that Tannehill is largely responsible for. Wins and losses are what carry weight, not bad performances by 1 side of the ball, they get overlooked after a big W. And no fan base as a whole hates their starting QB more than ours, that IS pathetic.

Ehh Eli Manning may have an argument for you. Tannehill gets more hate than he deserves, and our fan base is definitely not the strongest, hasn't been for a while...but when a QB goes through 3 coaches, and all-in-all plays average (maybe slightly above) and winds up with a slightly negative W/L record....I don't blame the fans for being a little over the top with their hate.

Ehh Eli Manning may have an argument for you. Tannehill gets more hate than he deserves, and our fan base is definitely not the strongest, hasn't been for a while...but when a QB goes through 3 coaches, and all-in-all plays average (maybe slightly above) and winds up with a slightly negative W/L record....I don't blame the fans for being a little over the top with their hate.

Not with 2 rings...I hear u though, I get frustrated too. But you would be amazed how rabidly loyal a city like BMore is with their Ravens, I worked concessions there for a few years and believe me it's always wild. But places like Baltimore, Philly, even D.C are much more football friendly cities than Miami is imo, and I just know about those because I live in that area. I imagine Pittsburgh and GB are much the same to name a few, places like Miami and SD are too beautiful to care a lot about an ugly sport like football lol.

I ultimately think Tannehill has his best game of the season this sunday and pulls out a victory, but I will still be looking at it as fools gold.

Would be nice to have the age feature back on the avatars. Maybe it would give a little context.
I'm guessing the most bitter fans are the ones who've followed the team for 35+ years. Count me in that group! I became a fan a year after they won their last super bowl.

Was the 3rd and one a horrible call by Gase? Absolutely horrific. However, I've watched that play 50 times and I still think there's a good chance Tannehill could have made it to the sidelines since the defenders were in the middle of the field. That's my opinion. We'll never know.

If you watch the fumble when it was 20-17, Tannehill steps up in the pocket because the defender is behind him. He ill advisedly thought he had time to make the throw before the defender closed on him, but was wrong. Now at this point it was already 20-17 before the fumble with 2:40 left so I'll admit that this play probably didn't cost us the game. If he doesn't fumble we still probably lose the game because an incomplete makes it 4th and 17 and we're punting from deep in our own territory.

I'm not a Tannehater. You can't lump everyone together who criticizes him. I enjoyed watching him in 16. He's the best QB we've had since Marino. However, I thought he laid an egg the last two games just like he laid an egg at the end of 2013 when it mattered most. I hope he does well on Sunday and the rest of the season. I would love to see us run the table.

Back
Top Bottom