Lost Game, Lost Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost Game, Lost Season

Although it's difficult to point the blame in Tannehill's direction for the loss, he really didn't do a lot wrong in the game, the author is making a totally valid point. If Miami had an Andrew Luck perhaps Gase would not handcuff the playcalling so much, guess it comes back to the trust thing.

Seems to me a really good coach is well prepared situationally and has thought through his moves (based on the situation) like a chess game -- anticipating the opponents counter moves etc. That said, did Gase have a "plan" in place based on the situation we're +10 Q4 and... what to do to WIN a WON GAME?

You would think he'd play moderately aggressive knowing you've got a 2 score lead BUT that can be erased very quickly in crunch time. I would also expect Gase to realize if the team loses mojo in Q4 and the Colts QB gets his game in gear -- we're in trouble.

Either way you gotta play to WIN and attack while you have the scoreboard advantage -- because everyone knows we don't have a sustainable POWER RUNNING GAME to burn clock like crack!

I tend to think really good coaches can do the stuff I'm hinting at as a NATURAL ASPECT of their coaching dynamic.

I mean you either got "it" -- or you don't!

Dear Gase, a long honest look in the mirror is overdue!

If you can't get the job done -- get outta town.

If you're really "something special," you better start proving it...

I agree this game was on Gase. But, do you think if we switched QBs with the Colts the record is 5-6?

I see the Colts and Dolphins as very similar talent level teams. There is one game separating the two teams and the Colts won by 3 at home at the buzzer.... so......

I really don't see the QB making a big difference. We probably score more points in losing efforts.

I see the Colts and Dolphins as very similar talent level teams. There is one game separating the two teams and the Colts won by 3 at home at the buzzer.... so......

I really don't see the QB making a big difference. We probably score more points in losing efforts.

Curious -- you see ANY disparity between Ryan and Luck?

Do you think any GM etc. would trade a QB like Luck straight up for a QB like Ryan?

Last time I checked -- QBs seem to make a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE in Q4 -- when it's time to WIN the game.

Or lose it.

My .02.

We were aggressive against Bengals, that didn’t work out too well. Conservative against Colts, same disappointing results. Maybe we should have switched strategies with those two teams? Gase defineatly losing his luster like the Dolphins for the last 20 freaking years.

Curious -- you see ANY disparity between Ryan and Luck?

Do you think any GM etc. would trade a QB like Luck straight up for a QB like Ryan?

Last time I checked -- QBs seem to make a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE in Q4 -- when it's time to WIN the game.

Or lose it.

My .02.

Sure I can see Luck is the better QB. I also see the poor play calling and the whiff on the sack, and Bobby McCain looking lost, again.

I saw one team on a winning streak and at home with better field position and other team that has been struggling and on the road, backed up in a situation due to yet another stupid decision by a player.

Many things seem to make a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE in Q4.

Sure I can see Luck is the better QB. I also see the poor play calling and the whiff on the sack, and Bobby McCain looking lost, again.

I saw one team on a winning streak and at home with better field position and other team that has been struggling and on the road, backed up in a situation due to yet another stupid decision by a player.

Many things seem to make a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE in Q4.

True. I 100% agree with the team concept and (for the most part) the fairytale of us landing another Marino or Rogers or even Mahomes...

Someone one asked Shula if he believed in "luck."

He said yea -- "good luck is having a good QB, bad luck is not..."

:)

The author of this article should have left the quarterbacks out of it. bottom line, coaching is what lost this game.

I mean one QB had 25 yards passing in the 2nd half, the other had almost 200.

True. I 100% agree with the team concept and (for the most part) the fairytale of us landing another Marino or Rogers or even Mahomes...

Someone one asked Shula if he believed in "luck."

He said yea -- "good luck is having a good QB, bad luck is not..."

:)

I don't jump on the bandwagon of young QBs playing in good situations very often (Carr, Mariota, Winston, Prescott, etc) but damn Mahomes looks good.

That article is a little unfair to Tannehill. Yes, Luck is the better quarterback and excels when it matters most. We've rarely seen that from Tannehill, but Gase also didn't give him the opportunity late in the game.

The Dolphins had a FG and TD on their first two drives of the 2nd half. They only had the ball twice more. Six plays. 3 pass attempts. 1 of 3 for 0 yards. 3 carries for -1 yards.

I'm pretty sure there was more going on than just the QB playing poorly. In addition, the defense just couldn't stop the Colts in the second half.

It took a team effort to lose that game.

No matter how we look at it, there's two things for sure here. We need a better QB and we need a better roster. Throw in the fact we need a better coaching staff and it's pretty easy to see that our FO needs to be gone.

WOW, If you couldn’t see that it was playcalling and coaching that lost this game. Then theres nothing anyone can say to give you a clue.

RT is the best QB we have had since Pennington.
The problem with this team is Gase and Burke. If they were coaching KC or the Rams, they would be 5-6 as well.

Back
Top Bottom