Lost-Offense somewhere in the vicinity of Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost-Offense somewhere in the vicinity of Miami

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Wannstedt said Griese "will make the throws nine times out of 10" if given time, and that he still is developing timing with the receivers.

The Dolphins have "a very accurate passer" behind center with Griese, Wannstedt said.

"The main thing is the running game and we didn't give up any sacks," Wannstedt said. "When the guys come in and watch the film they will see that paid off. We had some chances to make some plays down the field because of having confidence.

"We didn't get it done, but they can at least watch the tape and we can say, `Good job. We had time, we stepped up [in the pocket], we will make that throw next time.' We couldn't say that last week."

"It's a little bit unsettling, and you don't like that at any point in the season, particularly this point," Wannstedt said of the (receiver) position. "I think you still have to constantly evaluate it every week and see if you can make improvement and make sure that you're playing the guys that give you the best chance to win."

''It'll be really on me to be quite honest with you,'' Wannstedt said when asked whether he or Fiedler would decide who starts. ``It'll be [a question of whether] he can function and do what I feel he needs to do in order to be successful. The doctors at this point are saying `let's see how it goes one day at a time and see how it feels.'

``And that's what we plan on doing. I'll have to see him do the things in practice that will be relevant to the game.''

Fiedler said he ''really has no idea'' if he will play against the Chargers. But he has been assured in a conversation with offensive coordinator Norv Turner that he should not push himself to play for fear of losing his job to Griese.

'He basically said to me, `Don't try to push it to a point where you're struggling because you feel you have to be in there because of the situation,' '' Fiedler said.

``He said for me to make sure if I'm out there playing, it's because I can play, not because I'm worried about my job.''

Fiedler was also told the team is not using his injury as a convenient excuse for putting Griese in the lineup, if it comes to that.

''[Norv] made that pretty clear that that is not the situation,'' Fiedler said. ``Not at all.''

''There are some things one does a little better than the other,'' Wannstedt said.

''Norv is a pretty even-keel kind of guy, but he broke out of that pretty good,'' said one person who witnessed the barrage. 'He basically told the guys, `It doesn't matter what kind of front we're facing, we better block it.' ''

``The biggest thing right now is that Jay was hurt, and he couldn't play right now even if we wanted him to play. We had a couple of tough plays and a couple of plays you don't normally take the sack on in my opinion......The thing Brian has to do a better job of in those situations is protect the ball.''-Norv

Wide receiver Chris Chambers, who had three catches for 56 yards and a touchdown, said he loved it when Griese was able to throw.

But . . .

''I just run my routes, look back and see him going down,'' Chambers said. ``Maybe we can go with some max protections, but then that only leaves us with two guys going out for the routes.''

"Brian benefited from playing against San Diego, who we controlled pretty good," Turner said. "And on the left side, it wasn't a matchup that was a problem."

"Brian made quick decisions; he was accurate," said Wannstedt. "In fact, a few of the balls that were dropped in the flats were because the receivers weren't ready for the ball."

''Today, we tried to give ourselves the opportunities to make big plays, and we made some, but we also gave up the negative plays,'' Turner lamented.

"(Griese) does get the ball out a little quicker," Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael said. "We're going to be able to move the ball up and down the field. There's no dropoff at the position."

Face it, Griese is a mediocre QB. Guppies need to release monkey boy Fiedler and Griese and draft a good young QB.

The guy who wrote the article didn't quote Wannstedt right.He never said any thing about Griese accuracy but he said those throws Griese makes in practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will be making a mistake if we take Griese out now He has a win under his belt there is a decision that has to be made about who our starter is next year. Griese is still tring to get comfortable in the offense. Plus he has played some of the best defenses in the NFL Lets see how he does this week against the redskins. People aren't giving him a chance. Last week was the first week he had any blocking what so ever. If we let him go and we get another mediocre QB and he makes the pro bowl again were going to feel pretty stupid.:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Maybe Griese could be a short term answer (if given max protection and some WRs) but I don't see him on a long term basis.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Maybe Griese could be a short term answer (if given max protection and some WRs) but I don't see him on a long term basis.

I got an idea about that (the short term/long term thing) and I think it belongs under another thread. It should open up a whole seperate can o' worms.

Who started this insignificant thread anyway? What a dumbazz.

Back
Top Bottom