Lost: Winning Tradition. Please Report If Found. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost: Winning Tradition. Please Report If Found.

phinsswagger1223

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi I’m phinsswagger and have been going to Miami Dolphins games since 1966. I have seen this franchise go from terrible to incredible, to consistently a playoff team, to mediocre, to terrible, and now consistently mediocre over a 53 year span. I am pleased they are hiring a young head coach coming from a very successful fanchise just like when they hired Don Shula in 1970 from the Baltimore Colts. It takes an owner commited to winning, an intelligent general manager that really knows how to evaluate player talent (which I believe Chis Grier has) as well as in today’s league being a strong “capologist”, an intelligent and dedicated coaching staff that is committed to player strengths and strictly demands players execute their assignments on the field, and players that have one attitude in common and that is winning every game. Any team that has this will be successful.

Well, maybe things are trending upward. As a long-time fan, you probably recognize some things the Patriots currently do that Miami did in the early 1970's when the team dominated the NFL. We are talking about smart, physical players, who may not have been the most talented all the time, but rarely made game-changing mistakes.

If that's the Patriots way and we are bringing in Patriot coaches at HC, OC and DC, maybe that will return to Miami?

Welcome! We have plenty of old timers about and some young bucks of 30 years or less!

Best boards on the net!

Back
Top Bottom