Lots and Lots of Dolphins tid bits | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lots and Lots of Dolphins tid bits

ether79 said:
but i guess maybe because the Ford family owns the Lions?

yeah, the Fords own the Lions, however, it is incredibly strange that a dealership in South Fla at Dolphins Stadium would have Lions logos all over it

Dudeman said:
why is there a Ford dealership with Lions logos all over it?

""The concept is terrific," said Kraft, who heard a presentation from Miami owner Wayne Huizenga on his plan to build NFL-oriented projects on 269 acres around Dolphins Stadium and have the Super Bowl there every three seasons."

i would assume that the area will have some sort of representation for all the franchises according to this statement. would make sense if he is trying to sell this idea to everyone. of course, Ford and the Lions is a natural match.

"I don't know that his teammates would actually want him back for what he did," New Orleans coach Jim Haslett said Wednesday at the NFL's annual meeting on Maui. "He ruined lives. Coaches, players -- I don't know how an organization would even want him back, but that's something they have to look at. I wouldn't want him on my team."
I hope ricky doesn't find this. He might get depressed and not come back. :cry:

i still dont know how haslett is still employed....it baffles the mind!!

Ok evreyone who is commenting on the Lions logo on the ford dealership, since its for the superbowl, they are representing all the teams. Because if you notice the ketchup bottle and Steerlers Logo(Heinz sponsors them). I see a giant coke bottle too. So either it is
A. Homage to all 32 teams and there sponors
B. A representation of the two teams that are in the superbowl and they are using those 2 as examples.

Has nothing dealing with ford or the Lions directly. Background people.

And as I read above, its like the assumption Dolphan1 made.
Guess Im really bad at that whole reading above thing. My Bad

Terrible location and a forfeited home advantage

Yeah, we've had some decent years at home recently, hit or miss. But as soon as I saw that stadium in '87, long before we played a game there, I knew we had surrendered our greatest advantage, the metallic house of horrors Orange Bowl. There was no hit or miss at the Orange Bowl. The opponent was at our mercy. Hardly a coincidence that the longest NFL and NCAA home winning streaks were both set at the same venue.

Kudos to the Heat for relocating to a stadium in the heart of Miami. Your current success is appropos. And similar "serves you right" to the Panthers. Their arena is roughly a drive and a 6 iron from the Everglades. I laugh like hell whenever I drive past it.

Joe Robbie chose a blase area in northwest Dade. No doubt at a bargain rate. Lousy handicapping. We'll pay the price until we're smart enough to abandon.

Slappy8800 said:
i still dont know how haslett is still employed....it baffles the mind!!

He is a cheap short term alternative for the owner who will probably sell the team shortly to an investor that want to take the team to L.A.

Back
Top Bottom