Lots and Lots of Dolphins tid bits | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lots and Lots of Dolphins tid bits

One of the cornerstones of the "event" is the ability for all teams to have representaion, this could include their primary marketing partners... like Ford.... it's a concept drawing... much like a concept car drawing... they rarely come close to depicting the final product....

About Wiedmeier, I thought we already hired that guy who helped in the coaching search as head coach? If I remember correctly, there was a guy that was CEO of the agency that helped us in the search for our new leader, and about 2 weeks after we hired saban we hired this guy as team president. Am I wrong?

Awsi Dooger said:
Yeah, we've had some decent years at home recently, hit or miss. But as soon as I saw that stadium in '87, long before we played a game there, I knew we had surrendered our greatest advantage, the metallic house of horrors Orange Bowl. There was no hit or miss at the Orange Bowl. The opponent was at our mercy. Hardly a coincidence that the longest NFL and NCAA home winning streaks were both set at the same venue.

Kudos to the Heat for relocating to a stadium in the heart of Miami. Your current success is appropos. And similar "serves you right" to the Panthers. Their arena is roughly a drive and a 6 iron from the Everglades. I laugh like hell whenever I drive past it.

Joe Robbie chose a blase area in northwest Dade. No doubt at a bargain rate. Lousy handicapping. We'll pay the price until we're smart enough to abandon.

I myself remember watching the games on tv and on one Monday game in particular they stopped the game because of the noise and threatend to give Miami a penalty because of it! imagine that happening in Buffalo, I feel we lost a huge advantage when we moved to Pro Player (Dolphins Stadium) in my opinion the orange bowl was right up there with the hardest stadiums to come play in.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Yeah, notice the bottle of Heinz ketchup => Steelers/Heinz Field

THANK YOU i was waitin for some 1 to notice that!!

WestCoastPhins said:
Ok evreyone who is commenting on the Lions logo on the ford dealership, since its for the superbowl, they are representing all the teams. Because if you notice the ketchup bottle and Steerlers Logo(Heinz sponsors them). I see a giant coke bottle too. So either it is
A. Homage to all 32 teams and there sponors
B. A representation of the two teams that are in the superbowl and they are using those 2 as examples.

Has nothing dealing with ford or the Lions directly. Background people.

And as I read above, its like the assumption Dolphan1 made.
Guess Im really bad at that whole reading above thing. My Bad

You can believe that if you want, but we all know the fix is in for the Lions Super Bowl !!! :D

We should cut Ricky a deal.. If he comes back, and get 1000 yards for the next two seasons, we'll pay him vet min for those two years, and make him not pay the 8mill

The giant coke bottle looks like it has falcons stuff on that building.. I think it's just showing info for all 32 teams..

Minnphin said:
About Wiedmeier, I thought we already hired that guy who helped in the coaching search as head coach? If I remember correctly, there was a guy that was CEO of the agency that helped us in the search for our new leader, and about 2 weeks after we hired saban we hired this guy as team president. Am I wrong?

you're thinking of Joe Bailey, the guy who had worked for the league office, and was part of an executive search firm in NY City....he was hired as CEO of Dolphin Enterprises, the new conglomerate that Huizenga created for a bunch of his companies

Forget anything Haslett says. In New Orleans the story is that Haslett ditched Jeff Blake as QB because he and Blake were competing for the attentions of the same Saints cheerleader. That guy is far from the mold of most NFL head coaches.

Back
Top Bottom