Lots of Fin Fans up North | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lots of Fin Fans up North

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
Hey guys, in case you havent noticed, which you probably havent, i have been on a very long vacation up north through NY, and NE. Let me tell you, there were a lot of dolphin fans. I wore my ZT jersey out on Long Island where my aunt lives, and three people honked at me yelling "GO FINS!!!!" out the window. I was also stopped several times more. I only saw two jet fans the entire four days i was there and absolutely NO bills fans. When i was in NE for 10 days i have to admit there were not as much phins stuff as pats. Every time i turned a corner there were signs with tom bradys face on them. UGHHHHHH. But none the less i still saw three phin fans and not as much patsies as i thought that i would. I am supprised, especially since all of their fans come on our board and critizize out fans. And yes i went through ALL of new york and yes i only saw TWO people wearing anything with a jet logo. But i did see a lot of giant fans.

:lol: YOU NORTHENERS ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!! (non-phinfans i mean)

The only reason that there are any fins fans up here is it is because they really don't like football so they root for the team that everyone hates just to annoy us. I am not joking either.

I guess you could say they are very similar to all dolphin fans really!

There are a lot of phin fans up in the great white north too, i'm talking about Canada!

IT'S NOT FUNNY TO RIP ON CANADIENS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE DUMB- THREE DOWNS? WHAT'S WITH THAT?

BESIDES, EVERYONE KNOWS NOBODY REALLY LIKES THE DOLPHINS ANYWAY

Hey I am the Farthest North United States Miami Dolphins Fan EVER!!..............Alaska!!!

hey guys im canadian and a phin fan. and i dont see anything wrong with the football up here, or being canadian.

The NE states/Canada has always had a strong phin presense even when the Bills were having a good run on the phins. I went to the Bills/Phins game back in 95. It was like a week before Xmas and the phins got beaten again of course, but there was a complete endzone full of dolphin fans who put up with some downright nasty Bills weather on those cheap frozen aluminum seats.

In Ontario it's pretty much 50/50 because they get a lot of phins games on tv despite being in Buffalo's/Detroits turf. Plus being a regular on MNF and ESPN's sunday night games helps :)

I remember when Miami played Dallas in a preseason game in Mexico during the mid 90's, the commentator said they did a fan poll with Mexican (American Football Fans) and it turned out that the Dolphins had the second biggest group of fans in Mexico only to Dallas. Oakland was third.

It shows our Fins' fan base stretches up far north but south of the border as well. :)

there are lots of Dolphans in NY as well as Cowboy and Raider fans - those are just teams that are popular everywhere. Of course, being Dolphan annoyed the hell out of my Jet fan friends :evil:

i live in ct and there are a lot of phin fans up here...there are also a lot of cowboy,steeler,raider,rams,viking,and redskin fans...all the teams that were good in the 70s...also ct. is a neutral state but you still have jet,giant and pats fans...

I see quite a few here in Big D as well. I see the occasional Phin hat or shirt. I also see a few Marino jerseys as well...

I saw a marketing poll that had the Dolphins as the second highest selling sports merchandise products. The Yankees are #1. The last time I saw the poll 6-7 years ago it was Raiders at #1 followed by Dolphins...so that will show you how loyal a fan base we have.:D

I live in Dallas. I have personally seen a sports bar packed with Dolphin fans. Probably over 200 people. So lots of fans around me here. But alas this is cowboy country. But you'll never know how good it feels to go to work on a Monday (after the boys have lost) and say "How 'bout them Cowboys?"

I do get some really nasty looks. I wonder why.

Back
Top Bottom