**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread**

Alex44 said:
I still think UM has at least as much chance as anyone else, all the headache players now will be gone in 3-4 years at most and its not like we dont have young talent (Javaris James in particular). Not to mention if your a good recruiter your job will be a breeze in Miami will all the kids in South Florida.

Even if he doesnt end up coaching at Miami which he very well might not, it just goes to show you why its hard to build a smaller program into a consistant winner, after a great season the coach always seems to split and they never build on that success.

Rutgers isn't a smaller program though. It has been a BAD program.

The smaller programs are the Utah's that once after they lose an Urban Myer you never hear of again.

Rutgers plays in a BCS conference. That isn't a smaller program. They have been a BAD program that never won. Big difference. He can leave Rutgers and Rutgers can build on this success.

MikeO said:
Miami isn't the job it was a month ago. With the brawls and players getting shot and all. It isn't that good of a job anymore.

Schiano is as good as gone. Just will he leave after this year or next year. From reports Penn St is high on him. Mich St is open. If he doesn't take either there, then maybe he waits a year and see's whats out there.

I'm not so sure about Miami now to be honest. That might be more of a headache than its worth. And the money won't go away it's going to be there from any school. It isn't like Miami is the Yanks paying above and beyond what everyone else is here...

Are you basing this on anything or is this just your opinion? Because he has given no indication whatsoever he wants out and in fact every indication points to him being happy where he is at like for example the University selling him land dirty cheap that they own in Piscataway so he can build his and his wife's - who LOVES New Jersey and is from there - dream house.

On top of that he is about to cash in one of the best recruiting classes in the Big East starting with LB Manny Abreau who committed a few weeks back, the man is about to clean up in this area like no other RU head coach could have imagined in their lifetime.

And as far as cash whatever anyone plans to offer him RU can and will match or exceed other offers, this is not Boise St where the cash flow is limited. RU is starting to see the money potential of what this program will bring in, when they start to light the Empire State Building in honor of your football team you know you are just more than a surging program but one that is also unopposed in the whole NYC area.

When you really think about it there is really nothing that Rutgers can't offer that the Penn St and Miami's of the college world can, seriously.

Alex44 said:
I still think UM has at least as much chance as anyone else, all the headache players now will be gone in 3-4 years at most and its not like we dont have young talent (Javaris James in particular). Not to mention if your a good recruiter your job will be a breeze in Miami will all the kids in South Florida.

Even if he doesnt end up coaching at Miami which he very well might not, it just goes to show you why its hard to build a smaller program into a consistant winner, after a great season the coach always seems to split and they never build on that success.

The wife does not like South Florida, she's a northeastern girl true and true, if he was to ever leave I think it would be for Penn St, not Miami.

Nick is God said:
When you really think about it there is really nothing that Rutgers can't offer that the Penn St and Miami's of the college world can, seriously.

can't win a national title at Rutgers.

This year is a prime example. Could go unbeaten and not even play for it all.

That would NEVER happen at PSU or Miami

MikeO said:

I disagree they could very well finish in the top 7 this year, and if they win out next year they will be in the NC game.

MikeO said:

Maybe not this year but if he stays and continues to build a contender and strong reputation its very possible.

MikeO said:

But what makes you think that can't change? If Rutgers goes 12-0 and doesn't get a shot at the title that would be the worst case scenario for the BCS and their people is to short change a college team in the NYC area of all places with our media fueling the outrage, don't underestimate the power of the NYC media.

On top of that as long as the Big East teams keep making inroads and progress as Rutgers, Louisville, Pittsburgh and WV are doing and if Syracuse can get back their football program back on track all of a sudden this is not the weak conference that it once was and will force people to entertain them as legitimately as they do any other conference.

My point being is for to suggest this will always be the norm for Big East every year is to ignore the great progress the conference is making.

I think the thing you have to remember here is no matter how far up the polls that Rutgers goes, the computer scores are still going to be low because of their strength of schedule. I just don't think their BCS score is going to be high enough at the end of the season to get them to the top 2. Especially if Florida wins the SEC.

LouPhinFan said:
I think the thing you have to remember here is no matter how far up the polls that Rutgers goes, the computer scores are still going to be low because of their strength of schedule. I just don't think their BCS score is going to be high enough at the end of the season to get them to the top 2. Especially if Florida wins the SEC.

Oh I agree there is no real chance for RU to get a shot this year, but like I said if a team who has taken the country's biggest market by storm gets shafted, I don't want to be the BCS folks, it won't be pleasant for them and hopefully this will be what it takes to fix this joke of a system that they back.

didn't they sign some 10 year contract with FOX or something to air the BCS? the BCS is going nowhere...

UF Fin Kat said:
didn't they sign some 10 year contract with FOX or something to air the BCS? the BCS is going nowhere...

I don't think its 10 years. I think its only 4 or 5

UF Fin Kat said:

No one is suggesting that the BCS will be dismissed, just altered or something to be more fair to all conferences.

I think they really need to have more teams participate like four, that would ensure teams like RU, Louisville and Boise St to get a legit chance to win it.

Nick is God said:
No one is suggesting that the BCS will be dismissed, just altered or something to be more fair to all conferences.

I think they really need to have more teams participate like four, that would ensure teams like RU, Louisville and Boise St to get a legit chance to win it.

:confused: Theres 10 BCS teams now.

Back
Top Bottom