Louisville strength and conditioning coach hired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Louisville strength and conditioning coach hired

Lucky_12

Active Roster
Reaction score
I saw about a week ago that Dolphins hired Louisville strength and conditioning coach . I didn't see anyone mention it here. Is this a ploy to get the best out of Parker? He was with Louisville when Parker was there.
It would be over the top I understand to hire him because his work with Parker. It just made me think more about moving on from Landry . I definitely want to keep Jarvis and I hope the dolphins are working with him on a new contract.
He has been a little more cautious what he has bees tweeting and posting on instagram. Just something to think about during a slow time in the news cycle.
Good weekend phin fans!

Maybe, it certainly might help him. Parker lacks intensity which certainly comes from the way you train and mentally focus.

As for Landry, he should stay off Instagram, social media has become the devil's playground.

I think Landry is gone no matter what. Unless his asking price drops significantly.

As for Parker, I really hope he gets it together. If this guy can get the best out of him, then great. He has all the talent to be a successful #1 receiver, but has never been on the field long enough to prove it.

Maybe getting Tannehill back, along with more targets with Landry gone, will allow him to shine. We can only hope

Can't find any info about this hiring. Which coach was it Miday or Wilks?

Landry's asking price is too high for the Dolphins and he seems to be not budging.
Parker is a talented guy with constant niggling injury problems, if this kid can put it all together and with a little luck.........could be great. If this was a hire to help him all the better.

I heard a really interesting interview with Charlie Weis (former Patriots Offensive Coordinator and Notre Dame Head Coach) on Sirius NFL radio. Old Charlie explained that when putting together a staff as a Head Coach the 2 most important coaching assistant appointments that he used to make were his O-line Coach and his Strength and Conditioning Coach.
The O-line Coach didn't surprise me but I was shocked that he saw the Strength and Conditioning Coach as such an important position. Charlie said his years in New England under Belichick taught him to seek the best in O-line (Dante Scarnecchia, who has been with Belichick for nearly all of his time in Foxboro) and Strength and Conditioning Coach. (I had never really thought about the New England Patriots strength and conditioning, but for the team to be so consistently good over so many years, it must be good).
After Charlie's candid comments on the importance of getting the best strength and conditioning coach, I doubt that the guy we hired from Louisville was picked just because of what he did with DeVante Parker in the past. Kyle Johnston was probably picked because he's impressed someone that he's pretty good.
I checked further - Johnston is the new Dolphins Head Athletic Trainer. However, Dave Puloka is still in charge as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Note that Kyle Johnston, was the University of Louisville's director of sports medicine and football, will leave for the Dolphins. He described his job in Louisville as managing the healthcare of 100 student athletes.
Johnston served in that position for the past eight seasons at Louisville. He was previously at the University of Florida for five years after serving a year-long internship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Johnston is replacing Ryan Grove, who was recently fired after four seasons in Miami as Head Athletic Trainer. Note Grove was appointed to this position by Dennis Hickey when he was GM.

Last edited:
I think this position is extremely important with the limited time the players can actually be on the field during camp. Anymore the players need to ensure they stay in shape all year long.

I am worried about losing the passion Landry brings. Sometimes negative though. I believe the good out weighs the bad. I really believe he wants to be here.
However I look at Tannehill making Brian hairline look great. I wish Caroo trade could start to pay off if Landry leaves. I like Grant but they worked with him more on the outside.
Jordan Mathews that was traded from Eagle's to Bills was a pretty comparable player without the passion to Landrys reception total. He was injures last year though.
Kenny stills could be a great slot replacement.
I am hoping the Broncos cut Sanders. He is familiar with Gase and a fast player that would fit the scheme if Landry walks.
I just get so damn frustrated with the signing of Branch,Alonso. Alonso was going to be with Miami last year without that big cap hit. Branch should have been laughed out of the building for wanting 9 million per season.
That money should have went to Landry before 2017 started. Then we wouldn't be stuck in this dilemma . After year 1 of Gase I was fine with whatever he wanted but we all know now his judgment has to be questioned after 2017. I like having people in charge that you don't have to worry about. When you lose a good player it's because the staff knows what they are doing. We haven't had that in a long time.
Sorry for the rant. Just been watching this Landry thing and it seems like the Front office screwed us again.

Back
Top Bottom