Love the site and want to help at the same time get something in return? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love the site and want to help at the same time get something in return?

If i join VIP(Which i thought i did previously?) will i have my previous infraction "wiped clean" and "two"...no "three" freebies to use when decorum simply won't do? :up:
Infractions are kept privately between the member and staff. You would want to address this via pm with then brother. Have a great day!
John

Just so you are aware we are trying to help our owner reduce his off-season losses as the traffic drops after the Dolphins season is over. You will get a lot of information in the main VIP forum, your own lounge, ladies lounge, chat, VIP badge, and will be helping support this great site that we all come to enjoy! Have a great week!
Thanks. :ffic:

Last edited:
Thank you for your timely answers gentlemen. I will have to make a personal decision on the matter.

I do like the sheer volume of posts and information here. I don't like the rudeness of some here. I appreciate you mods keeping personal attacks down. However I find disrespectful remarks towards players and coaches rather distasteful, FWIW.

I have happily supported this site in past and will do so in the future, but I got to ask. How in the world does it cost $650 per month for this site. If that is all server cost, unless running 5 clustered servers, someone is paying way too much...

I have happily supported this site in past and will do so in the future, but I got to ask. How in the world does it cost $650 per month for this site. If that is all server cost, unless running 5 clustered servers, someone is paying way too much...
Good question. There are several servers involved to be able to handle the traffic spikes on games days, drafts etc. To put things in perspective there is so much traffic in the peak that the 32 GB RAM memcache and RAIDed SSDs could not keep up the I/O requests on the webserver. Thats the reason that all sigs and images are now hosted on AWS S3. The AWS traffic bill alone was over $180 in December, thats in addition to web server that runs frontend XenForo, DB server that handles the backend, SES email server, backup instances and license fees.

Years ago before I took over FinHeaven it was running on a single server that cost $570 a month and crashed weekly. Luckily those days are over and costs has gone down to the point where we can have this fancy infrastructure for basically the same price.

2019 was the worst year for FinHeaven and the expenses was only covered one month out of twelve. Fortunately I am a die hard Dolphins fan with thick enough skin to not listen to my wife nor my CPA. Go Phins!

Back
Top Bottom