Love this quote from Tua on Fitz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love this quote from Tua on Fitz

Here's a link to the actual remote interview (16 mins long) and his answer comes at 7:45 into the video when he answers a Joe Schad question about Fitzpatrick. Note his voice inflection when he talks about how Fitzpatrick "has played behind Jameis Winston":
Tua's first audio interview after the draft

Here is a link to an article:
Tua talking about Fitz playing behind Jameis Winston

And here is the exact quote:
“Oh man, I would say it’s first off being able to understand the kind of person he is. I know he’s been a great leader.He’s been a great team player. you know and guys like that, he has played behind Jameis Winston and an opportunity to play here, he has so much knowledge of the game. It’s best that I pick him, nitpick him. Ask him about preparing for a defense and the difference between this and this. Just being able to question and learn under him is my biggest thing.”

Most of his answers seemed pretty straight forward ... why he mentioned Winston was the only one that raised an eyebrow. From what I've heard he's showing his leadership mostly and making a good impression.
I dont see anything even remotely wrong in any thing he said to be honest... He described Fitzpatrick as someone with alot of experience he can learn from and noted is previous stint/role before coming to Miami...

While we're at it... What is Ryan's greatest accomplisent in the NFL in your opinion?

I dont see anything even remotely wrong in any thing he said to be honest... He described Fitzpatrick as someone with alot of experience he can learn from and noted is previous stint/role before coming to Miami...

While we're at it... What is Ryan's greatest accomplisent in the NFL in your opinion?
Well, he has made north of 60 mil so far. That's a decent accomplishment.

Well, he has made north of 60 mil so far. That's a decent accomplishment.
Exactly! Longevity and experience are what Tua mostly referenced when speaking of Fitz... I dont see any lack of maturity/age in just pointing out his latest stint before becoming a Fin...

Exactly! Longevity and experience are what Tua mostly referenced when speaking of Fitz... I dont see any lack of maturity/age in just pointing out his latest stint before becoming a Fin...
Ppl have to realize, at Tua's age, he doesn't even remember or, probably ever seen many of the players a lot of us here deem to have been great players.

His perspective is different than most of ours. I have no idea if he is a student of the game, in an historical context, but he surely was aware of the fact that Winston threw for 5k last year.

Not going to make a big issue of, or hold the comments against him. I'm not sure why anyone would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom